Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry sauce is such a classic Thanksgiving dish. I almost feel silly posting this recipe, since it just came from the Ocean Spray website, but since we love it so much, I decided it was blog-worthy. This is the only recipe I make and it always gets rave reviews. And it’s so easy, there’s no excuse for eating cranberry sauce from a can.

You’ll notice that I took down all the pinkness from my blog today. I’ve also got some fall favorites on my side bar and brought back my header from August, so be sure to stop by if you’re reading through a reader to check it out!

Two Years Ago: Halloween M&M Pretzel Treats
Three Years Ago: Deviled Eggs

Print Save

Cranberry Sauce

Yield: ~2 cups

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained

Directions:

Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate until serving time.

Recipe from Ocean Spray

Boston area readers, don’t forget that I’m selling pies for Pie In the Sky. The cost of your pie will feed someone in need for an entire week! Please consider buying a pie for a good cause.

12 Responses to “Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast”

Rachel — November 17, 2009 at 5:21 pm

this sounds really good-will be trying this!

Kerstin — November 17, 2009 at 5:56 pm

This looks so tasty and easy to make! I need to get a crockpot.

Megan — November 17, 2009 at 10:15 pm

I made that recipe last week – and everyone loved it! I only wish I’d gotten pictures…..

oneordinaryday — November 17, 2009 at 10:15 pm

This looks wonderful. Bookmarking right now! Thanks!

Ingrid — November 18, 2009 at 3:26 am

Oh, boy this looks wonderful! I love slow cooker recipes like this. What side did you serve with it? Just veggies?
    ~ingrid

Kat — November 18, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Both your cranberry recipes look great. I am hoping Santa brings me a new crockpot for Christmas as my previous one was nuclear. This recipe looks so easy. I am not a pie fan so am thinking the cranberry apple dessert would be nice for hubby and I for Thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing!

Jen — November 18, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Yep just some steamed veggies.

Kasey — November 23, 2009 at 7:13 pm

I made this over the weekend and it was delicious! Thanks for the posting!

Krystal — November 24, 2010 at 4:50 pm

I finally made this recipe after having it bookmarked forever. Thanks to Kelsey for reminding me about it – it was soooo good and it definitely hit the spot!!! Thanks Jen!

Amanda Pronko — December 22, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I make this every year for Christmas dinner 😀 We always go out for a fancy Christmas Eve dinner, and then we have a huge fancy Christmas Breakfast… by the time Christmas dinner comes around we are wiped out and not really in the mood to cook. This recipe is perfect because I can throw it all in the crock pot on Christmas Eve morning and pop in in the fridge. Then on Christmas day I put it on low and put wild rice in the rice cooker. My family always looks forward to it and we just love how delicious it is. I really wanted to let you know that this has been a tradition for us for about 3-4 years!! Thanks so much and Merry Christmas!!

• beantownbaker — December 26th, 2013 @ 11:06 am

I love hearing stories like this! Family traditions are so heart warming during the holidays 🙂

Liz — January 25, 2014 at 10:31 am

Nice recipe – Thank you. I love slow cooker recipes. Have a Happy Weekend!