30-while-30

I had so much fun doing a 30-by-30 list that I decided to do a 30-while-30 list this year. If anyone wants to participate in any of the items listed below, let me know and we can make it happen!

Food / Blogging

• Chocolate Mosaic Cheesecake
  • Gnocchi
  • Donuts
  • Eggs Benedict
  • Laminated dough (either danishes or croissants)
  • Make bread at least 4 times
  • Bake at least 4 layer cakes
  • Buy a whole coconut. Open it. Do something (delicious) with it.
  • Make at least one thing from each cookbook I own – any cookbooks that don’t get used in a year, donate or giveaway on here
  • Cook with 3 new foods

Relationships

• Send birthday cards to my and Hubby’s families (including siblings, parents, nephews, etc)
  • Continue to bake for a good cause
  • Go see my sister’s new house
  • Go on a girls weekend getaway
  • Volunteer 4 times

Random

• Get another tattoo
  • Pay off my car
  • Decide on a signature / go-to cocktail
  • Watch a sunrise
  • Read 4 books

Healthy living

• Walk another Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
  • Continue to work out on a regular basis
  • Treat myself to 6 massages
  • Get my first facial

Travel and Life in Boston

• Go to the Head of the Charles
  • Visit the New England Aquarium
  • See the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
  • Go to Top of the Hub for cocktails
  • Visit 3 new cities

Reader’s Choice

• I’m one task short of 30, so I thought I’d add a reader’s choice item. Leave a comment here with something you’d like to see me do. Whether it’s a recipe to try or an activity or festival to go to, just let me know in the comments below. Hubby and I will sit down and choose one from the comments within the first month of my 30s and I’ll include it in my one month update in July.

Tweet Bookmark and Share

12 Responses to “Seven Month Update – 30 by 30”

Cupcake Kelly — January 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm

baked donuts are fun but they don’t really taste like donuts (as much as I tried to convince myself). Making regular fried donuts is fun and pretty easy!

EliFla — January 17, 2011 at 6:06 pm

You made me laugh…a lot!!!ahahahah hugs..and have a nice week

Anonymous — January 17, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I loved seeing your hot cocoa and peppermint marshmallows featured as a finalist on PW’s food photos! Good luck!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 17, 2011 at 6:54 pm

You know you are my 30 by 30 mentor, right? I’ve started working on two of the items on my list right now but it is going to be interesting to see if I can get it all done in a year!

Janel — January 17, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I love this list! I’m totally going to do a 30 by 30…once I turn 29 (very soon!) The fiance and I actually started a google doc list of our to do list and this reminds me of it! Thanks for the motivation to do more.

Kristy — January 18, 2011 at 12:19 am

What a great list, wish I would have thought of doing this a few years ago! Good Luck!!

kitchenmisfit — January 18, 2011 at 2:47 am

This is such a great thing to do! I’m hoping I can do the same on my 29th birthday!

Megan — January 18, 2011 at 3:19 am

You are making amazing progress on this list! I wish I was this good!

preppyinnewengland — January 18, 2011 at 3:32 am

OH WOW! Fab list and Fab accomplishments.

Daisy — January 18, 2011 at 2:32 pm

you are on a roll! i think it is funny that you can’t visit your bro because he moved into a fraternity. wise call.

Shannon — January 18, 2011 at 7:42 pm

wow, such great progress! i wish i was more on top of it when i turned 29… maybe i was too scared 😉

Kate @ the wooden spoon — January 20, 2011 at 2:00 am

Just starting the projects is half the battle! I finally did my own painting “touch ups” in the living room last week. I used the canister that said “dining room white,” because they’re the same color, right? Nope. When it dried, it was very obviously NOT “living room white.” *Sigh.* So much for getting that project done – I just made it worse!