Roasted Broccoli

More roasted veggies? But of course! Hubby and I have been roasting anything and everything under the sun. Tossing veggies with some olive oil, salt, and pepper then cooking them at a high heat just brings out so much flavor, it’s really delicious.

Roasting broccoli has been a favorite recently since this veggie cooks quicker than some other veggies (brussels sprouts – I’m talking to you). See those dark edges on the little flowerettes of broccoli? Those are my favorite part!

Hubby likes some grated parmesan on his broccoli but I keep mine naked. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Print Save

Roasted Broccoli

Yield: 2-4

Ingredients:

1 bundle broccoli crowns
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to avoid a mess.

Drizzle the olive oil over broccoli. Use your hand to stir it up so all the broccoli gets coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss again to disperse seasoning.

Roast in oven for 20 minutes, stirring once in the middle. Serve hot or at room temperature.

13 Responses to “Chicken Gyros”

yumventures — July 9, 2010 at 11:55 am

I love making a bunch of different recipes and having them come together in one awesome meal! This looks so delicious, especially with the heat we’ve been having!

Manne — July 9, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Next time I come over, I insist we either have these delicious looking Gyros or go to the Turkish restaurant you talked about.

We Are Not Martha — July 9, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Wow, I love that addiction to the stove! Your chicken gyros look super flavorful and like the perfect hot day lunch!

Sues

Lauren — July 9, 2010 at 6:02 pm

I love that every aspect of this meal is homemade… yum! What is the name of the Turkish restaurant? I need to check it out :).

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — July 9, 2010 at 6:39 pm

I just made something similar and they were great! LOVE the sauce! Thanks!

biz319 — July 9, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Can’t wait for you to post the recipe – I am putting it on my menu for next week. 😀

I used to make tzatziki sauce too -until my grocery store started selling it for .99 cents for a 16 ounce container – so cheap!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Sweet & Savory Summer — July 9, 2010 at 9:21 pm

I love me a traditional, good, lamb gyro- but these look delicious! I might have to break out of my comfort zone 🙂

Sweet & Savory Summer — July 9, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Julie — July 9, 2010 at 11:50 pm

We definitely have to try these…yum!

brettb734 — July 11, 2010 at 2:46 am

Those look delicious, I will have to try those!

Sheena — July 13, 2010 at 12:20 am

Can the pita bread dough be made in advance and kept in the fridge overnight? I want to make these tomorrow for dinner but will not have time for the 90 minute and then 20 minute rise times. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Cara — July 13, 2010 at 1:40 pm

welcome to the bandwagon! love Elly’s recipe!

Jen — July 13, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Manne – sounds like a plan

Lauren – It’s called Brookline Family Restaurant and it’s on Washington St in Brookline Village. Definitely check it out if you’re in the area.

Sheena – I’m not sure about freezing the pita bread dough. I’m sure it would be fine as other bread doughs can be frozen and used later. Let me know how it goes if you try it!