Eight Month Update – 30 by 30 List
I’ve hit the 8 month mark. That means I’m almost 30. Wow this year has been flying and I’ve been trying to make things fly off my list as well… Let’s see how I’m doing.
Bagels- done! Marshmallows– done!
- Molten Lava Cakes - I have a recipe, just need an excuse to make these
Baked Doughnuts- I have decided instead of making baked doughnuts that I’m going to add French Macarons to the list. So I’m marking this one off – Hey, it’s my list, I can do what I want!
- French Macarons
- Cheesecake - I made cheesecake as part of the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake, but my intent for this item is to make a cheesecake that stands on it’s own
Indian Meal (chicken tikka masala and naan)– done!
- Continue to bake for a good cause – I started up my Operation Baking Gals effort again, and donated baked goods to Ashlee’s virtual bake sale
Prepare three new foods(1: Kale in the Massaged Kale Salad, 2: Figs in the Fig, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Crostini and Homemade Fig Newtons, 3: Beets in the Roasted Beet Hummus) – done!
- Get to my goal weight
- Work out on a regular basis - I’ve been hitting up the new gym quite a few times this year already!
Complete the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer- done!
- Visit at least 3 new cities (1: San Francisco, CA, 2: Hershey, PA)
Pack a picnic dinner and see a movie on the Esplanade- done! Go to the beach! (can you believe Hubby and I haven’t had a beach day since we moved to Boston 3 years ago)- done! Go to the Cranberry Festival in October- done!
- Take a spontanious trip with girlfriends
- Talk to younger siblings (A and L) on a regular basis - I have been making an effort here. Luckily talking to teenagers is easy if you’re willing to text/FB chat
- Plan/host a girls night (in or out)
Go visit my little brother’s college dorm room– as I mentioned last month, this one can’t happen, so I’m marking it off. Instead I’m adding the next item
- Eat lunch with my coworkers at least once a week – I tend to kind of keep to myself and eat at my desk so that I can leave earlier. But since I started a new job, I figure eating lunch with them will be a good way to build relationships with them.
Meet my friend’s babies in the Midwest– done! Babysit/Spoil my new nephew as much as I can- done!
- Send birthday cards to my siblings, parents, and nephew - started – October kicked off the winter birthday season for us. I got cards out to my youngest sister, L, my dad, my other sister B, and my mom. That’s it for birthdays for me until April.
- Plan a date-day with Hubby - started – I have a Boston stacation planned for us in early March.
Take a cooking class- done!
- Read the photography books my dad got me - started – I started reading both the books he gave me, so that’s good!
- Finish all the nearly-complete kitchen projects - started – I brought the paint up from the basement to do the touch ups but haven’t actually done the touching up yet…
- Fully de-clutter our place – started – I did some MAJOR fall cleaning in our bedroom. Took everything out of the closet and my dresser. It felt good to purge some things.
- Volunteer for something at least four times (1: volunteered to take care of the ongoing can-recycling project at work, 2: volunteered to sell pies for Pie in the Sky, 3: it hasn’t happened yet, but I’ve signed up to volunteer at an event on April 2, 4: TBD)
- Plan a Boston area food blogger event - started – I have an idea about this and need to get going on some planning…