Spinach with Pan Roasted Red Peppers and Goat Cheese

I love finding new recipes to use as a side dish or to use a vegetable in a new way. Spinach is a veggie that I’m kind of picky about. I love it raw in salads and on sandwiches, but I’m not a big fan of cooked spinach being the star of a side dish. This recipe has changed that opinion for me. Hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed this spinach recipe and it’s a snap to throw together.

I upped the garlic in the recipe since we love our garlic. I wasn’t sure how much “two bunches” of spinach came out to, so I just used a 7 oz bag of baby spinach. It looks like our dish was a little light on the spinach to pepper ratio, but we both really liked it, so I’ll be making it this way in the future.

Print Save

Spinach with Pan Roasted Red Peppers and Goat Cheese

Yield: 2

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
3 cloves garlic, minced
7 oz baby spinach
2 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
2 oz crumbled goat cheese

Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the peppers.

Cook a couple minutes, until the skins are slightly darkened, and then turn down the heat to medium, continuing to cook for an additional 3 minutes or until tender.

Stir in the garlic and sauté until fragrant.

Add the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted.

Stir in the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.

Just prior to serving, sprinkle with goat cheese.

Recipe adapted from Elly Says Opa

9 Responses to “Mustard Maple Brussels Sprouts”

Shannon — November 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm

ooh, i love a good brussels recipe, this one is definitely going on the top of my to-try list! and i’m totally with you on pomegranate seeds 🙂

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

Are pom seeds the best.

Ginny — November 21, 2013 at 4:59 am

I will definitely try these. But that’s not why I wrote. I wanted to tell you that I’m proud of you for taking off time to be with your family. It may or may not have been a difficult decision. That doesn’t matter – It was the right thing to do. While you didn’t ask my permission, you didn’t need to. You have my unmitigated support.

Now go enjoy. Just remember to put your feet up now and then and if anyone volunteers, accept their offer without guilt. It will not only give you a break, you will likely have the perfect chance to bond with (and love) your helpers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Liz — November 21, 2013 at 10:51 am

Nice recipe. Thank you. Enjoy your time off and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

Athena @ Fitness & Feta — November 21, 2013 at 10:55 am

Love pomegranates, and I love Brussels Sprouts, so I can’t wait to try this recipe. My boyfriend doesn’t have the same love affair with Brussels Sprouts as I do, but I’m hoping this will help change his mind. Thanks!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

This is definitely a recipe that could change the tune of a non-brussels-sprouts lover. Let me know how it goes.

Charles Berger — November 29, 2013 at 2:17 pm

It looks fantastic! thanks a lot for sharing the recipe

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

It’s really quite tasty. Let me know if you try it out!