Six Month Update – 30 by 30
I can’t believe it’s been six months since I made my 30 by 30 list – that means I should be done with half of my list by now… I don’t think I’m half way done, but I am making good progress. This month has been crazy with the holidays, Hubby getting a new job, and me doing some traveling. Apparently I need to focus more on my relationship category…
- Molten Lava Cakes
- Baked Doughnuts
- Cheesecake – I made cheesecake as part of the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake, but my intent for this item is to make a cheesecake that stands on it’s own
Indian Meal (chicken tikka masala and naan)– done!
- Continue to bake for a good cause – I started up my Operation Baking Gals effort again, and donated baked goods to Ashlee’s virtual bake sale
- Prepare three new foods (1: Kale in the Massaged Kale Salad, 2: Figs in the Fig, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Crostini and Homemade Fig Newtons, 3: Beets in the Roasted Beet Hummus) – done!
- Get to my goal weight
- Work out on a regular basis- Not quite to the 3x/week that I’d like to be at, but I did join a new gym and have been going sporatically
Complete the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer- done!
- Visit at least 3 new cities (1: San Francisco, CA, 2: Hershey, PA)
- Pack a picnic dinner and see a movie on the Esplanade – done!
- Go to the beach! (can you believe Hubby and I haven’t had a beach day since we moved to Boston 3 years ago) - done!
- Go to the Cranberry Festival in October – done!
- Take a spontanious trip with girlfriends
- Talk to younger siblings (A and L) on a regular basis
- Plan/host a girls night (in or out)
- Go visit my little brother’s college dorm room
- Meet my friend’s babies in the Midwest – started – I got to meet a TON of babies when I was in Indy for Baby Wagner’s baby shower. And Hubby and I are going to meet baby B in a couple days!
- Babysit/Spoil my new nephew as much as I can – started – Hubby and I babysat him for the first time by ourselves in August! He was an angel the entire night and didn’t fuss at all. We’re also planning to spoil him rotten with the multiple Christmas gifts coming his way.
- Send birthday cards to my siblings, parents, and nephew – started – October kicked off the winter birthday season for us. I got cards out to my youngest sister, L, my dad, and my other sister B. I just put my mom’s birthday card in the mail the other day. That’s it for birthdays for me until April.
- Plan a date-day with Hubby
Take a cooking class- done!
- Read the photography books my dad got me
- Finish all the nearly-complete kitchen projects
- Fully de-clutter our place – started – I did some MAJOR fall cleaning in our bedroom. Took everything out of the closet and my dresser. It felt good to purge some things.
- Volunteer for something at least four times (1: volunteered to take care of the ongoing can-recycling project at work, 2: volunteered to sell pies for Pie in the Sky)
- Plan a Boston area food blogger event – started – I have an idea about this and need to get going on some planning…