Recipe Ideas for Thanksgiving

With the biggest food holiday coming right around the corner, I wanted to highlight some great recipes from my blog that would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving spread.

Appetizers:

Depths of Fall Butternut Squash Pie
Pecan Pie Cookies
Pie Crust
White Chocolate and Cranberry Cupcakes
Maple Walnut Cranberry Cupcakes
White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse

Boston area readers, don’t forget that I’m selling pies for Pie In the Sky. The cost of your pie will feed someone in need for an entire week! Please consider buying a pie for a good cause.

20 Responses to “Funfetti Oreo Cupcakes”

Christina — August 28, 2013 at 6:47 am

Happy blog birthday!! I love the idea of making these for Halloween with orange and black sprinkles…and black or cute pumpkin cupcake liners. I’m all excited to make these now. Fabulous job!

• beantownbaker — August 28th, 2013 @ 7:25 am

AND, you could use the Halloween Oreos that have orange filling in them if you wanted 🙂 Oh, now I’m thinking orange Oreos to get the orange/black colors. Then use just purple sprinkles. Or maybe purple and green to round out the festive Halloween colors.

JulieD — August 28, 2013 at 7:11 am

Happy blogiversary, Jen!!!!!!!!!! More exclamations! 🙂 these cupcakes look amazing! Congratulations on 6 great years! You’re one of the blogs I followed before starting my own! You’re amazing!

• beantownbaker — August 28th, 2013 @ 7:27 am

Thanks Julie! And thanks for all the exclamation points 😉 It’s crazy to think I’ve been doing this 6 years now…

steph@stephsbitebybite — August 28, 2013 at 8:09 am

6 years of blogging!!! These cupcakes are the perfect way to celebrate!

Krystal R {Mrs. Regueiro's Plate} — August 28, 2013 at 9:37 am

Happy 6th Blog-verisary!!! I can’t wait to see what the next 6 years will bring ya!! Been a loyal fan for the past 6 years or so!!

• beantownbaker — August 28th, 2013 @ 1:38 pm

Thanks! Who knows where life is going to take me in the next 6 years, but I hope I’m still enjoying blogging. I know I’ll still love baking 🙂

Shannon — August 29, 2013 at 9:06 am

what a great way to celebrate 6 delicious years!! congrats 🙂

Melanie — August 29, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Do you think I could make these cupcakes in advance, freeze them, and then decorate them the day of a birthday party? Or do you think the oreos inside the cupcakes would be compromised by freezing?

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2013 @ 9:41 am

I’ve never put these Oreo cupcakes in the freezer, so I’m not sure how they’d work… If you try it, please let me know how they do.

Tracy | Pale Yellow — August 29, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Happy Blog-o-versery! I couldn’t imagine making oreo cupcakes more festive, but you certainly did so! Sprinkles are a fantastic idea!

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2013 @ 9:42 am

Thanks 🙂

Karen - Cinnamon Freud — August 29, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Happy blogiversary! I love any dessert with an Oreo in it: these cupcakes seem like an excellent choice to celebrate with!

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2013 @ 9:42 am

I love Oreos in desserts too!

Nutmeg Nanny — August 30, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Okay, funfetti AND oreo, just stop it please 😉 this is a dream dessert!

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2013 @ 9:43 am

My thoughts exactly 😀

Sarah C — August 30, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Happy blogiversary! I can’t remember who recommended your blog to me, but I’m so glad they did! And I think I will definitely make these cupcakes next weekend for the first weekend of the NFL season. Last year I bought a package of black and gold sprinkles (GO STEELERS!) and I’ve been saving them for a good occasion. I also have friends who request the mini ham & cheese sandwiches every single year on kick-off weekend, though we call them butter sandwiches. These cupcakes will be a great addition to the no-diet day, haha. Thanks!

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2013 @ 9:44 am

Thanks! Great idea calling those sandwiches butter sandwiches. I’m going to have to adopt that name as well 😉 These cupcakes would be great for NFL kickoff next weekend (even if I don’t agree with your choice in teams to root for…)