Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry sauce is such a classic Thanksgiving dish. I almost feel silly posting this recipe, since it just came from the Ocean Spray website, but since we love it so much, I decided it was blog-worthy. This is the only recipe I make and it always gets rave reviews. And it’s so easy, there’s no excuse for eating cranberry sauce from a can.

You’ll notice that I took down all the pinkness from my blog today. I’ve also got some fall favorites on my side bar and brought back my header from August, so be sure to stop by if you’re reading through a reader to check it out!

Two Years Ago: Halloween M&M Pretzel Treats
Three Years Ago: Deviled Eggs

Print Save

Cranberry Sauce

Yield: ~2 cups

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained

Directions:

Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate until serving time.

Recipe from Ocean Spray

Boston area readers, don’t forget that I’m selling pies for Pie In the Sky. The cost of your pie will feed someone in need for an entire week! Please consider buying a pie for a good cause.

9 Responses to “Cranberry Sauce”

theblogisthenewblack — November 1, 2010 at 11:24 am

You’re right- so easy there’s no reason not to try this! ha!

Eliana — November 1, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Love that this recipe is so simple and easy. A must have for Thanksgiving.

Michelle — November 1, 2010 at 4:05 pm

I LOVE homemade cranberry sauce! Tastes so good on the Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 1, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Delicious! Simple recipes need to be shared too…those are my favorite :)

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — November 1, 2010 at 6:08 pm

This absolutely falls under the this-is-so-easy-and-so-much-better-why-would-I-ever-go-back-to-canned-version territory! I recently made turkey burgers with cranberry sauce dressing and used the canned kind – never again!

The Small Boston Kitchen — November 1, 2010 at 10:27 pm

You’re so right…there is NOTHING better than homemade!

Kerstin — November 2, 2010 at 4:17 am

Wow, this sounds so easy and delicious! I’m cooking for the first time this year and can’t wait to make everything from scratch, which usually doesn’t happen when others in my family cook… :)

Cassykins — November 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I’m jealous, I want this. I have to eat the stuff from a can because I’m allergic to cranberries and the stuff in a can is far away enough from real that I can get away with it. My grandma used to make cranberry relish which was amazing, but also broke me out into the most amazing hives.

Medifast Coupon Code 2010 — November 4, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I have never understood those that buy canned cranberries when they are so simple to make. Tastes way better than any can.
    Thanks for your nice and simple cranberry sauce recipe.