Salmon Burgers

I promised the other day that I’d share some recipes to fill those homemade hamburger buns. So this week I will be featuring a week of burger recipes! All sorts of patty-shaped-proteins to be served on a bun.

To kick things off, I’m going to feature the BEST salmon burger I’ve ever had. Literally the best. If this is the only recipe you make from my week of burgers, you’ll be a happy camper.

The burger combines some fillet of salmon with smoked salmon and a few other ingredients. The saltiness from the smoked salmon gives a great depth to this burger. It doesn’t need a bunch of fancy condiments or toppings because this patty is downright tasty.

I got 3 patties out of the recipe and had one leftover the next day for lunch. I ate it over a salad of spinach and tomato which was another great way to eat this guy.

The recipe comes from the little tear out booklet in the June issue of Food Network Magazine. I’ve only tried a few recipes from FNM, but I’ve enjoyed them all so far.

Print Save

Salmon Burgers

Yield: 3

1 lb wild salmon, diced
4 scallions
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
4 oz smoked salmon, chopped

fresh spinach
mayo mixed with yellow mustard

In the food processor, puree half of the diced salmon with scallions.

In a medium bowl, combine the pureed mixture with the remaining diced salmon, breadcrumbs, and smoked salmon.

Shape into 3 patties. Make an indentation in the center.

Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle skillet with salt. Cook the patties for 4-5 minutes per side. Serve on sesame buns with spinach and mayonnaise mixed with mustard.

8 Responses to “Puppy Chow”

Erin — December 30, 2009 at 12:51 pm

I loooove this stuff. I’ve always called it Muddy Buddy, though.

Jeanette — December 30, 2009 at 1:16 pm

I made this as treats to the humans from our 2 dogs. My mom fell in love with it and went out right away and bought the ingredients. Merry Christmas.

laurasrecipecollection — December 31, 2009 at 2:05 am

Everyone always raves about this stuff but I confess: I’ve never had it! I was allergic to peanuts during childhood 🙁
    But it looks so good that I think I need to give it a try now!

BeeKayRoot — December 31, 2009 at 3:45 am

This stuff is sooo good. I’ve never made it myself, but have had it several times. Perhaps I’ll make it sometime soon.

Joy — January 7, 2010 at 9:14 pm

One of my college roommates made this for us, and I’ve been in love with them since! We usually use Crispix, though, which is rice and corn. =)

Julie — January 12, 2010 at 2:31 pm

We love that stuff too! We make it for our friends all the time and they can’t stop eating it.

Like Joy said, we use Crispix too.

Tran — February 17, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Why is this called Puppy Chow mix? At first I thought it was for dogs and was alarmed by the chocolate chips in the ingredients…

Jen — February 17, 2010 at 4:55 pm

No idea why it’s called Puppy Chow… That’s just what we always called it…