Roasted Zucchini

Zucchini means summertime to me. I love when everyone is trying to come up with creative ways to use up their excess zucchini.

Since Hubby and I don’t have a garden, I rely on the farmer’s market for the majority of our zucchini. But I do have one coworker who has a huge garden.

He brings in various vegetables that he’s trying to get rid of almost every day. I’ve snagged a cucumber for the watermelon cucumber salad that I made and also grabbed a nice sized zucchini (one day I grabbed a small zucchini, cleaned it, cut it, and snacked on it that afternoon!).

I thought about making something sweet with it but instead opted for a snack. I followed the method I use to roast asparagus. It is so simple and the outcome is amazing.

One Year Ago: Harry Potter Cupcakes and Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Two Years Ago: Watermelon Cupcakes

Print Save

Roasted Zucchini

Yield: 2

Ingredients:

1 large or 2 medium zucchini, chopped in large pieces
1.5 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to avoid a mess.

Place chopped zucchini on baking sheet.

Drizzle the olive oil over zucchini. Use your hand to stir it up so all the zucchini gets coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add garlic if using.

Roast in oven for 25 minutes, stirring once in the middle. Serve hot or at room temperature.

8 Responses to “Salmon Burgers”

Cara — August 16, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I love fun new burger recipes, can’t wait to see what else is in the line up. This recipe is intriguing. I’m really curious about the use of smoked salmon along with regular salmon. Too bad I had a whole bunch of smoked salmon this weekend for a party, and there is none leftover – otherwise I would definitely be trying this this week!

cozydelicious — August 16, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I love the combo with the smoked salmon – so much flavor! And these look really moist too. I’ll have to give them a shot! Yum!

Evan B — August 16, 2010 at 1:56 pm

We do salmon burgers with the canned salmon when we want a quick and delicious meal! I also always add some chopped peppers into the patty.. delicious! Can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

Elina — August 16, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Sold! I love salmon burgers and I love smoked salmon. I am sure they will be great combined! 🙂

mrsdanigirl8 — August 16, 2010 at 3:18 pm

I’ve been looking for a good salmon burger recipe. This sounds divine!

Lauren — August 16, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Oooh I’m looking forward to a week of burger recipes, and this salmon one sounds fantastic! I like the idea of using both fresh and smoked varieties. Yum!

Justin — August 16, 2010 at 5:39 pm

i think i have to add salmon burgers to my list of things to try

Shannon — August 18, 2010 at 7:42 pm

my my, i just got back from alaska, where i purchsed some smoked salmon to bring back 🙂 definitely trying this one!!!