Tzatziki sauce

Tzatziki sauce is awesome. If anyone knows how to properly pronounce it, I’d love to be enlightened. I just usually call it yogurt sauce. Hubby knows what I’m talking about when I say that. This sauce goes with a variety of things and you can even just dip veggies in it.

Dill is probably my second favorite herb behind Cilantro. I have a somewhat obsessive love with cilantro. But dill isn’t as versatile in my mind, so we rarely have it in the house. Some day I’ll have an herb garden. First I have to learn how to get our cats (well actually it’s just Nemo) not to eat any plant that is in the house. But I digress. So I love dill and put a lot in this sauce. Feel free to put however much you like.

One Year Ago: Chorizo, Shrimp,and Lentil Stew
Two Years Ago: 4th of July Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Print Save

Tzatziki Sauce

Ingredients:

16 ounces (2 cups) of Greek yogurt
5 cloves of garlic, pressed
Half of a cucumber, seeded and chopped into small pieces
1 Tbsp olive oil
fresh dill to taste

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients together very well.

Place tzatziki in the refridgerator for at least 2 hours.

Stir again before serving.

Recipe adapted from The Rookie Chef

7 Responses to “New York Style Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce”

Jigginjessica — May 11, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Besides the top being a little brown it looks like a perfect cheesecake! I absolutely must try this recipe. Thanks for sharing

The Small Boston Kitchen — May 12, 2011 at 2:50 am

Amber — March 18, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Can I use dried blue berries for the sauce.

• beantownbaker — March 25th, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

I haven’t tried this sauce with dried berries. I am not sure it would work very well without the addition of some liquid. Maybe some fruit juice?

Carol Schu — June 5, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Just made this cheesecake for dinner guests. It was a big hit. I didn’t have any trouble with burning but the top came out spotted with brown instead of the lovely smooth top. No matter, I covered it with blueberry topping and no one cared. Oh, and… It didn’t crack but I left it in the oven until it was completely cooled. Thanks!!

• beantownbaker — June 10th, 2013 @ 12:30 pm

Glad it was a success for you! And yay for no cracking 🙂

marie williams — January 19, 2017 at 12:49 pm

Blueberry sauce…
    I looked at least 20 recipes and this was the best for simplicity of ingredients.

It didn’t require vanilla, or zest of lemon (which would require a grater$$)

And best of all it did not require a ton of sugar. I am not much of a cook however your easy to understand directions. And it was great.