Tzatziki sauce

Tzatziki sauce is awesome. If anyone knows how to properly pronounce it, I’d love to be enlightened. I just usually call it yogurt sauce. Hubby knows what I’m talking about when I say that. This sauce goes with a variety of things and you can even just dip veggies in it.

Dill is probably my second favorite herb behind Cilantro. I have a somewhat obsessive love with cilantro. But dill isn’t as versatile in my mind, so we rarely have it in the house. Some day I’ll have an herb garden. First I have to learn how to get our cats (well actually it’s just Nemo) not to eat any plant that is in the house. But I digress. So I love dill and put a lot in this sauce. Feel free to put however much you like.

One Year Ago: Chorizo, Shrimp,and Lentil Stew
Two Years Ago: 4th of July Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Print Save

Tzatziki Sauce

Ingredients:

16 ounces (2 cups) of Greek yogurt
5 cloves of garlic, pressed
Half of a cucumber, seeded and chopped into small pieces
1 Tbsp olive oil
fresh dill to taste

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients together very well.

Place tzatziki in the refridgerator for at least 2 hours.

Stir again before serving.

Recipe adapted from The Rookie Chef

14 Responses to “Alton Brown’s Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese”

cookies and cups — March 1, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Awesome look mac and cheese! I love that Alton Brown!
    Your site is great, just spent far too long snooping around your site, everything is beautiful!

Cara — March 1, 2010 at 1:55 pm

I bet you don’t hear this too often, but I think I’m actually jealous of your lactose intolerance! The reason I don’t make mac n cheese (like, ever) is that I can eat way too much of it. If only I had a reason that would really force me to stop! (apparently my own willpower is not enough!)

Jen — March 1, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I definitely rarely hear that one Cara! It does come in handy sometimes (like being around mac and cheese or cheesecake), but I definitely do miss ice cream…

Smitten Sugar — March 1, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Wow that mac n cheese looks heavenly! It is definitly one of my favorite foods of all time!

One Particular Kitchen — March 1, 2010 at 6:25 pm

That is some beautiful mac and cheese!!

Vivian - Let's Try These... — March 1, 2010 at 9:08 pm

This is a favorite recipe of mine as well. Like you we like to add a variety of cheeses to the recipe.

KRISTINA CIPOLLA PHOTOGRAPHY — March 1, 2010 at 9:40 pm

This looks SO good! Can’t wait to try! Thanks! 🙂

nutmegnanny — March 2, 2010 at 3:14 pm

This looks great! I love mac and cheese and doing it on the stove top makes it even easier 🙂

Melissa — March 2, 2010 at 3:22 pm

I have made this recipe a few times and it is great! I like that you used different cheeses. I need to try that next.

Cupcake Activist — March 2, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I’m a huge sucker for macaroni and cheese and am always looking for new recipes. Maybe I will try this out tonight. Thanks!

Hanaâ — March 4, 2010 at 4:59 pm

That looks delicious. I remember watching that episode on TV with “his nephew” who looked exactly like him, ha ha.

I’ve meaning to ask you this since you’re also a big fan of AB. In his book “I’m just here for MORE food”, there’s a choc fudge cake recipe. In it, there are instructions to combine cocoa powder with hot water. The amount of hot water says “tk”. Any idea what that could possibly mean??? It’s been bugging me quite some time!

Ingrid — March 6, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Alton’s recipes are all solid. I haven’t mad eone that disappointed.

Homemade mac & cheese is the only way to go. Thanks for passing along the recipe. It’s much simpler than the one I normally make.
    ~ingrid

Amy and Jeff — July 18, 2010 at 10:04 pm

I made this recipe today…so good! I doubled it and I just hope it’s enough. This is so creamy and cheesy! Thank you for sharing.

Guantonimo — February 6, 2016 at 5:34 pm

My friend had that problem his entire life until he drank (pet) milk. That would be unpasteurized. Seems that the enzymes needed to digest the stuff comes from the original product.