Strawberry Blueberry Jam

Jam is a great way to use up strawberries now and enjoy them later. Hubby is not a big fan of jam. He just doesn’t really eat it. I love me some jam! And this jam is great!! The lemon flavor was definitely noticeable in a smidge of tartness in the jam, but I enjoyed that.

I have been loving this jam on a toasted bagel, but it is also great on a breakfast sandwich! I still haven’t been able to convince Hubby to try that tasty treat yet, but hopefully I can soon.

I’m so glad I added the blueberries to this jam. I haven’t ever had this jam without the blueberries, so I want to try that next.

One Year Ago: Turkey Chili

Check out my entire week of Strawberry recipes here.

Print Save

Strawberry Blueberry Jam

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups sugar
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
3 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 cup blueberries

Directions:

Combine the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over very low heat for 10 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved.

Add the berries and continue to cook over very low heat for 20 minutes, until the berries release some of their juices and the mixture boils slowly.

Cook until a small amount of the juice gels on a very cold plate. Pour carefully into 2 pint canning jars and either seal or keep refrigerated.

Recipe adapted from Ina Garten

12 Responses to “Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting”

SimplySweeter — May 5, 2010 at 11:56 am

Oh yum Jen! These look absolutely delicious! What a great July 4th treat…..maybe split them and serve ’em up like a Strawberry Shortcake??? Yum.

KV — May 5, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Hi Jen, by any chance do you remember about how many strawberries you used for the recipe and also for filling? I have maybe 10-15 strawberries at home that need to be used asap and wondered if that was enough?

Jen — May 5, 2010 at 2:37 pm

KV – Sorry I don’t. We had a big thing of strawberries in the fridge that Hubby had cut up for us to snack on. I would say it was less than a pint, but pretty close to a pint? Not really sure. Sorry I can’t be more help.

hannah! — May 5, 2010 at 4:47 pm

strawberries are my favorite fruit ever! in my opinion, they always should be enjoyed fresh no matter what. even in desserts! 😀 your cupcakes look great, by the wayaoh

Cupcake Activist — May 5, 2010 at 5:03 pm

I’ve heard that strawberry cake doesn’t end up being that sweet, but maybe the addition of fresh strawberries on top changes things. I’m a huge strawberry fan, so I’m anxious to try this.

Jen — May 5, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Cupcake Activist – I could definitely see that the batter itself might not be that sweet. I thought they were great with the additional strawberries added in.

Kerstin — May 5, 2010 at 8:07 pm

This looks divine. I made the Sky High strawberry cake with frozen berries and I thought it was really good, but I’d like to try again with fresh ones too! Your hubby has some very luck coworkers 🙂

Brisbane Baker — May 6, 2010 at 11:12 am

Love this recipe.. infact all of your cupcake recipes. I made your Fauxtess cupcakes the other day and turned out wonderfully.. This is now on my wish list. :

We Are Not Martha — May 6, 2010 at 2:42 pm

These look so simple and beautiful! I love strawberry cake and I especially love the way the fresh strawberries look inside 🙂

Sues

Miss. Tarrah Dame — May 19, 2010 at 2:17 am

cant go wrong with strawberry…just made strawberry marscapone filled cupcakes myself! 🙂

soohyunee — May 25, 2010 at 12:01 am

I love how you frosted these cupcakes!! did you start from the inside and go out with a 1M tip?

Jen — May 25, 2010 at 12:03 am

Yes, soohyunee, to make the rosette, I started in the center and swirled around to the outside.