Strawberry Blueberry Jam

Jam is a great way to use up strawberries now and enjoy them later. Hubby is not a big fan of jam. He just doesn’t really eat it. I love me some jam! And this jam is great!! The lemon flavor was definitely noticeable in a smidge of tartness in the jam, but I enjoyed that.

I have been loving this jam on a toasted bagel, but it is also great on a breakfast sandwich! I still haven’t been able to convince Hubby to try that tasty treat yet, but hopefully I can soon.

I’m so glad I added the blueberries to this jam. I haven’t ever had this jam without the blueberries, so I want to try that next.

One Year Ago: Turkey Chili

Check out my entire week of Strawberry recipes here.

Print Save

Strawberry Blueberry Jam

1 1/2 cups sugar
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
3 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 cup blueberries

Combine the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over very low heat for 10 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved.

Add the berries and continue to cook over very low heat for 20 minutes, until the berries release some of their juices and the mixture boils slowly.

Cook until a small amount of the juice gels on a very cold plate. Pour carefully into 2 pint canning jars and either seal or keep refrigerated.

Recipe adapted from Ina Garten

6 Responses to “Frosted Strawberry Sugar Cookies”

hani@hanielas — October 30, 2013 at 7:03 am

That frosting must be amazing, real strawberries, yum.

Jennifer — October 30, 2013 at 8:22 am

I love that you were able to make this without artificial flavour or colour! So many ‘strawberry’ baked goods don’t even have real strawberries in them… thanks for sharing!!

• beantownbaker — October 30th, 2013 @ 11:11 am

I try my hardest to make pink foods without any artificial crap in them. I was excited to find this recipe for a strawberry treat with all real ingredients!

Shannon — October 31, 2013 at 8:49 pm

These look absolutely delicious, saving for summer! I had pink recipe in mind, but things have been so crazy here too that I haven’t had a chance to make it 🙁 I haven’t even baked an apple pie yet! Hopefully next weekend…

• beantownbaker — November 3rd, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

I completely understand! I didn’t get all of my pink recipes posted this month and I haven’t made anything apple yet this year!!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 7, 2013 at 11:19 am

These cookies are adorable 🙂 I love strawberry treats!