Strawberry Blueberry Jam

Jam is a great way to use up strawberries now and enjoy them later. Hubby is not a big fan of jam. He just doesn’t really eat it. I love me some jam! And this jam is great!! The lemon flavor was definitely noticeable in a smidge of tartness in the jam, but I enjoyed that.

I have been loving this jam on a toasted bagel, but it is also great on a breakfast sandwich! I still haven’t been able to convince Hubby to try that tasty treat yet, but hopefully I can soon.

I’m so glad I added the blueberries to this jam. I haven’t ever had this jam without the blueberries, so I want to try that next.

One Year Ago: Turkey Chili

Check out my entire week of Strawberry recipes here.

Print Save

Strawberry Blueberry Jam

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups sugar
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
3 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 cup blueberries

Directions:

Combine the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over very low heat for 10 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved.

Add the berries and continue to cook over very low heat for 20 minutes, until the berries release some of their juices and the mixture boils slowly.

Cook until a small amount of the juice gels on a very cold plate. Pour carefully into 2 pint canning jars and either seal or keep refrigerated.

Recipe adapted from Ina Garten

6 Responses to “Gingerbread Apple Upside Down Cake”

Sophie — January 22, 2010 at 2:27 pm

That looks delicious!! And perfect for the winter weather.

birdutmasali — January 23, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I do know and love cooking

Turkey- istanbul much love to youery nice.

Kathleen — January 25, 2010 at 12:38 am

This looks yummy! Can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

chelsea — May 10, 2014 at 12:18 am

I made this tonight for a birthday and it was truly *amazing*! We all loved it and all the kids came back wanting seconds. I followed the recipe exactly and it came out incredibly moist and gooey, deliciously sweet, and spiced. I used half Granny Smith apples and half Gala. I also only had a 9″ pan and by the time I filled it up I still had enough batter (and some extra apple slices left) to fill another 9″ pan. I didn’t have any extra caramel topping, but decided to just bake the batter with the few left over apple slices. Next time I will double the amount of the caramel topping and cut up two more apples and make two full pans worth. It takes a little bit of time to make, but is not a difficult recipe to follow and is oh-so worth it! Thanks for sharing this!

• beantownbaker — May 12th, 2014 @ 4:54 pm

SO glad you enjoyed it! It’s been years since I’ve made this recipe and your comment has me moving it to the top of my to-bake list!

windows 7 starter snpc oa toshiba — December 11, 2017 at 10:52 am

I have been reviewin online more than 4 hours today for windows 7
    starter snpc oa toshiba & Pimento Cheese Burger , yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners
    and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.