PB&J Omelet

It’s a well known fact that I eat some weird things. Well at least that’s what Hubby will have you thinking. We saw a girl eating a pickle with ketchup at a restaurant the other night. Now THAT’S a weird food combination.

This one might be pretty weird too… I saw this pop up in my Google Reader and wanted to try it. I already knew I like jelly with eggs. And obviously like peanut butter with jelly. The weirdness comes in when you think about eating peanut butter on eggs… But I’ll tell you what, it works.

The warm egg helps to melt the peanut butter and jelly into an ooey gooey deliciousness. I’m pretty sure Hubby has never seen me eat this since I only have it every once and a while when I’m working from home. I’m sure he’d be disgusted even more than when I eat jelly on a breakfast sandwich.

I like to spread the peanut butter on half and the jelly on the other half the fold it over and let it set for a few minutes to melt a bit. I used the strawberry-blueberry jam that I recently made for this omelet.

One Year Ago: Crockpot French Dip Sandwich

Print Save

PB&J Omelet

Ingredients:

2 eggs
milk
peanut butter
your favorite jelly or jam

Directions:

Beat your eggs with a small amount of milk. Cook as an omelet with no fillings. Place cooked eggs on plate.

Spread peanut butter and jelly on the cooked eggs. Fold egg over while still hot to melt peanut butter and jelly.

Recipe inspired by Crazy Delicious Food

9 Responses to “Tomatoes stuffed with Salmon Dill Dip (Barefoot Bloggers)”

webbie — July 24, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Welcome to the BBs. I did cucumber towers with mine the first time I made this, then stuffed cherry tomatoes and new potatoes for a work event today.

Your pics are great. Wish I’d thought of the salt.:-)

Sophie — July 24, 2008 at 6:08 pm

Hi Jen,

I just discovered your blog :). I’m Sophie from Flour Arrangements. In just about a week I’ll be moving to Boston (actually Cambridge) from Austin, and I’m hoping to start a cooking group when I get there. I actually TRY to cook dairy free too (although sometimes I need a little dairy in there, ya know?); so it’d be cool to have a fellow ‘somewhat non-dairy’ foodie in the group! Drop me a comment on my blog, or even an email, if you’re interested. It’s nice meeting you!

Oh, and feel free to tell any of your friends about it :).

Sophie
    Flour Arrangements

Ivy — July 24, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Wow, these look really good and refreshing! NIICE!

Joelen — July 24, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Your idea of stuffing them into tomatoes is great! And great tip on using salt!

Esi — July 24, 2008 at 9:19 pm

I love how you presented the dip. Nice work!

Inna's Culinary Inventions — July 25, 2008 at 2:52 am

What a wonderful idea to stuff tomatoes! These look great!

giz — July 25, 2008 at 8:19 pm

These would be fun to make. I’ll bet the hardest part was scooping out the tomatoes. They make for a delicious and colourful appetizer.

Megan — July 28, 2008 at 3:31 pm

excellent use of a dip! Love the salt idea.

Janna — July 31, 2008 at 5:10 pm

THIS LOOKS MARVELOUS! I need to start back again with BB now that we are settled in the new digs.