30 things to do before I’m 30

Today is my last birthday in my twenties. I made a list a couple years ago of things I wanted to do. I was inspired by Amy and have seen similar lists pop up all over the place. I decided I wanted to make a list of 30 things I need to do before I turn 30. I’ll keep you updated on my progress as the year goes on.

• Bagels
  • Marshmallows
  • Molten Lava Cakes
  • Baked Doughnuts
  • Cheesecake
  • Indian Meal (chicken tikka masala and naan)
  • Sushi
  • Continue to bake for a good cause
  • Try three foods I’ve never had

• Visit at least 3 new cities
  • Pack a picnic dinner and see a movie on the Esplanade
  • Go to the beach! (can you believe Hubby and I haven’t had a beach day since we moved to Boston 3 years ago)
  • Go to the Cranberry Festival in October
  • Take a spontanious trip with girlfriends

• Talk to younger siblings (A and L) on a regular basis
  • Plan/host a girls night (in or out)
  • Go visit my little brother’s college dorm room
  • Meet my friend’s babies in the Midwest
  • Babysit/Spoil my new nephew as much as I can
  • Send birthday cards to my siblings, parents, and nephew
  • Plan a date-day with Hubby

• Take a cooking class
  • Read the photography books my dad got me
  • Finish all the nearly-complete kitchen projects
  • Fully de-clutter our place
  • Volunteer for something at least four times
  • Plan a Boston area food blogger event

7 Responses to “Five Month Update – 30 by 30”

Megan — November 17, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Shoot! I need to send you that molten lava cake recipe. I’m going to try to remind myself when I get home tonight.

Daisy — November 17, 2010 at 5:41 pm

you’re on a roll! looking forward to see what event you will plan 🙂

Michelle — November 17, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I love these kinda of lists! Makes me want to do one myself. And I think you’re doing a great job… can’t wait to see what your blogger event is!

Sharon — November 18, 2010 at 8:40 am

Hey congratulations on going into the 6th month..And so far I think you have done great…

Vickii — November 18, 2010 at 11:20 am

I haven’t commented yet but I absolutely love your blog! I’ve downloaded about 10 recipes I intend to try! Well done on your 30 by 30! I also have a 101 things to do in 1001 days – my 1001 days is up in January 2011 and I’ve done only about 20 things …. hmm! So you should be proud of how much of your list you’ve done!!

Aimee — November 18, 2010 at 8:23 pm

oh, boy…
    i turned 29 in august and i wish i had thought to do something like this!

you are doing great so far – i love how across-the-board all of your goals are. good luck with the next 7 months!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 19, 2010 at 5:42 pm

I am still making my list and only have 12 items…I need to get working on my list for 18 more items to kick it off on my 29th birthday!