Roasted Asparagus

It’s almost embarassing to call this a recipe, but I wanted to post about this roasted asparagus because it’s SO easy and delicious. Hubby and I always prepare vegetables with our dinner and asparagus is one of our favs (along with brussels sprouts). 99 times out of 100 when we have asparagus we roast it.

As you all know, Hubby LOVES garlic. So we usually throw some in with the asparagus. But tonight I was making it for just me, so I left the garlic out. Either way it’s delicious and you can throw the asparagus in the oven and forget about it while you prepare the rest of your meal.

One Year Ago: Dairy Free Chocolate Strawberry and Vanilla Ice Cream Cupcakes
Two Years Ago: Spinach and Artichoke Pizza

Print Save

Roasted Asparagus

Yield: 2-4

Ingredients:

1 bundle asparagus - look for fatter stalks
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to avoid a mess.

Prepare asparagus by holding a piece with both hands, one hand on each end. Bend until the asparagus snaps. The bottom part should be discarded. Snap asparagus in half again, or leave stalks long and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all asparagus in on the sheet.

Drizzle the olive oil over asparagus. Use your hand to stir it up so all the asparagus gets coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add garlic if using.

Roast in oven for 15 minutes, stirring once in the middle. Serve hot or at room temperature.

14 Responses to “Chicken Pot Pie with Cream Cheese and Chive Biscuits”

Shannon — March 25, 2013 at 3:20 pm

love your adaptations- and i agree, one-pot meals usually need more veggies!

• beantownbaker — March 25th, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

Not that this meal is in any way healthy, but at least bumping up the veggies (and the servings) reduces the amount of pure indulgence per serving…

Sues — March 25, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Love all the changes you made to this! And I agree- the more veggies, the merrier 🙂

• beantownbaker — March 25th, 2013 @ 3:45 pm

Glad I’m not the only one!

Megan — March 25, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I love that idea to just throw extra veggies in. I always have some leftover unused veggies going bad in the fridge after I’ve used some for a recipe. The biscuits on this look amazing.

Wendy — March 25, 2013 at 10:13 pm

This looks rich and satisfying. I love the idea of biscuits on top rather than pie crust. Cream cheese chive biscuits sound especially delicious!

• beantownbaker — March 26th, 2013 @ 7:29 am

I definitely plan to make these biscuits again some time. They’d be delicious even without the creamy pot pie filling under them.

Nutmeg Nanny — March 26, 2013 at 10:36 am

I love the thought of throwing the extra veggies in, i think a lot of people are hesitant to do so. This looks so delicious and satisfying 🙂

• beantownbaker — March 26th, 2013 @ 8:16 pm

Yea when it comes to cooking, I figure there’s no harm in playing with recipes. Baking is another story…

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — March 26, 2013 at 11:11 am

My boyfriend, who eats a good portion of the overall meals I cook plus leftovers, hates veggies. This is a problem, because I don’t like food going bad but I can’t eat it all myself. I love recipes like this because it’d probably be SO tasty, he’d hardly even notice the abundance of green. Or he’d pick the peas out. Who knows.

• beantownbaker — March 26th, 2013 @ 8:16 pm

I can’t imagine hating veggies… But I agree, I think he’d hardly notice the veggies in this. It’s that creamy and delicious.

scott — March 27, 2013 at 12:06 pm

This recipe looks delicious. Do you know the nutritional values? If you post it on http://www.myrecipemagic.com they will calculate it for you and you can get paid for posting recipes.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — March 28, 2013 at 6:15 am

I love that you topped this off with biscuits instead of the traditional flaky crust!

• beantownbaker — March 28th, 2013 @ 6:53 am

Biscuits are always the right answer 😉