Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Clearly we love Oreos in the Beantown Baker household. I’ve made them from scratch, used them in brownies and cupcakes, made truffles out of them, and even put them in Rice Krispies treats. Even with all of this baking with Oreos, I still look for new recipes to feature these classic cookies. This week I’m going to highlight five more recipes using Oreos. Get out a glass of milk and be sure to check back to see what I’m baking up.

I’ve had my eyes on this fudge for a while now. I love the simplicity of the recipe. And we all know I’m a huge fan of salty/sweet combos and layered bars!

This fudge combines the best of both of those worlds. One layer has the pretzels that provide some saltiness and a bit of crunch. The top layer provides a contrast because of the sweetness of the Oreos. I cut these into pretty small pieces, because like most fudges, this one is pretty intense!

I have to admit I wished that the bottom layer was a bit saltier. Next time I might even sprinkle some salt on top of that layer with the layer of pretzels. Don’t get me wrong, this fudge is amazing, but it didn’t provide the salty/sweet ratio that I was hoping for.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Ingredients:

100 grams dark chocolate
100 grams white chocolate
2 cans of condensed sweetened milk
20 Oreos, quartered
45 salted pretzels, 20 separated out and crushed

Directions:

Microwave the dark chocolate with one can of condensed milk for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chocolate is nearly all melted, stirring thoroughly after each minute. Stir in the 20 crushed pretzels.

Spread the mixture into a square 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Top with remaining 25 whole pretzels. Press the pretzels slightly into the fudge.

Repeat melting the white chocolate with the second can of condensed milk.

Break the cookies into quarters, and stir into the white chocolate mixture. Spread that on top of the dark chocolate and the pretzels.

Refrigerate until firm – about 2 hours. Cutting is easiest with a knife dipped into hot water.

Recipe adapted from Chocolate Fool

11 Responses to “Chocolate Oatmeal Almost Candy Bars”

Brisbane Baker — March 24, 2010 at 11:57 am

Wow, you’re going to end up with a whole lotta bars by the end of the week 😀

Yum! Love this recipe 🙂

yumventures — March 24, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I love when ingredients don’t sound like they would be good, but come together in an amazing way! These look lovely.

Valen — March 24, 2010 at 3:30 pm

I really enjoy your blog, lots of great photos and recipes! These look so good! I love oats, chocolate, and raisins, but have never combined all three.

Memória — March 24, 2010 at 9:43 pm

These bars look fantastic and full of flavor. I’m bookmarking this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

themilkmanswife — March 24, 2010 at 11:40 pm

These sound wonderful! I’m not huge on raisins either but it sounds like they really work here. I’ll have to try these! 🙂

Jen — March 25, 2010 at 12:52 am

This looks really great but I don’t think I can do the raisins–maybe I would make this and then I could give it to other people instead of eating it all myself!

Kelly — March 25, 2010 at 1:04 am

Who is getting to eat all these amazing creations? Those ingredients sound delicious to me so I can only imagine the combined taste!

Jen — March 25, 2010 at 1:08 am

Ha Kelly! My husband and I take the baked goods to work with us. I am also the girl who always brings a dessert to any gathering. Everyone knows that if we’re hanging out, I’ll probably have desserts in hand. I usually only have about one of whatever I make (hey, I have to taste test my food!)

Katherine Martin — March 25, 2010 at 2:19 am

I am soooo making my housemates make me these for my birthday. If they don’t, I’ll just make them this weekend!! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!

o — September 17, 2013 at 4:24 am

How many grams in a stick of butter?

• beantownbaker — September 17th, 2013 @ 7:30 am