Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Clearly we love Oreos in the Beantown Baker household. I’ve made them from scratch, used them in brownies and cupcakes, made truffles out of them, and even put them in Rice Krispies treats. Even with all of this baking with Oreos, I still look for new recipes to feature these classic cookies. This week I’m going to highlight five more recipes using Oreos. Get out a glass of milk and be sure to check back to see what I’m baking up.

I’ve had my eyes on this fudge for a while now. I love the simplicity of the recipe. And we all know I’m a huge fan of salty/sweet combos and layered bars!

This fudge combines the best of both of those worlds. One layer has the pretzels that provide some saltiness and a bit of crunch. The top layer provides a contrast because of the sweetness of the Oreos. I cut these into pretty small pieces, because like most fudges, this one is pretty intense!

I have to admit I wished that the bottom layer was a bit saltier. Next time I might even sprinkle some salt on top of that layer with the layer of pretzels. Don’t get me wrong, this fudge is amazing, but it didn’t provide the salty/sweet ratio that I was hoping for.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Ingredients:

100 grams dark chocolate
100 grams white chocolate
2 cans of condensed sweetened milk
20 Oreos, quartered
45 salted pretzels, 20 separated out and crushed

Directions:

Microwave the dark chocolate with one can of condensed milk for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chocolate is nearly all melted, stirring thoroughly after each minute. Stir in the 20 crushed pretzels.

Spread the mixture into a square 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Top with remaining 25 whole pretzels. Press the pretzels slightly into the fudge.

Repeat melting the white chocolate with the second can of condensed milk.

Break the cookies into quarters, and stir into the white chocolate mixture. Spread that on top of the dark chocolate and the pretzels.

Refrigerate until firm – about 2 hours. Cutting is easiest with a knife dipped into hot water.

Recipe adapted from Chocolate Fool

11 Responses to “Homemade Snickers Candy Bars”

Shannon — October 22, 2010 at 5:23 pm

oh no! that’s too bad he had to guess… they look awesome and i bet they taste better too!

penniesonaplatter.com — October 22, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I will GLADLY be your taste tester for all these candy bars! Looks great!

Laura — October 22, 2010 at 5:59 pm

these look amazing!!! I want to try all three kinds 🙂 How do you think these would hold up if I gave them out as gifts a day or two after making them? Do they have to be refrigerated?

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 22, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I kind of want to go trick or treating at your house with these candies! I got a recipe from King Arthur Flour to make Twix bars that I’m dying to try out!

Jen — October 22, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Laura – I don’t know if they have to be refrigerated. I kept mine in the freezer and we snacked on them for over a week.

Fun and Fearless – If you decide to make Twix – let me know cause I want in on that!

Sandra — October 23, 2010 at 12:15 am

This is an entire blog about candy, chocolate bars, and sugary stuff? I think I have just fallen in love.
    I didn’t read down far enough in the post, I got too excited when I realized what I had stumbled upon, but i have to go back to see if you gave the Snicker’s bar recipe!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 23, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I’m sooooo going trick-or-treating at your place! You are amazing with your baking skills, absolutely amazing.

brettb734 — October 24, 2010 at 1:59 am

Those look delicious!!!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 25, 2010 at 5:13 pm

These look great! Thank you for submitting these to the ATTYC event!

Elina (Healthy and Sane) — October 28, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Snickers bars are definitely my favorite candy as well and I’m trying to stay away from them due to all the junk that’s in the ingredients list. I may have to make these some day (saving the recipe!).
    Your husband is hilarious – mine would probably have the same reaction. 🙂

Heather — November 6, 2010 at 2:00 am

These look so yummy! 🙂 How many Kraft caramels did you use? Thanks.