Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Clearly we love Oreos in the Beantown Baker household. I’ve made them from scratch, used them in brownies and cupcakes, made truffles out of them, and even put them in Rice Krispies treats. Even with all of this baking with Oreos, I still look for new recipes to feature these classic cookies. This week I’m going to highlight five more recipes using Oreos. Get out a glass of milk and be sure to check back to see what I’m baking up.

I’ve had my eyes on this fudge for a while now. I love the simplicity of the recipe. And we all know I’m a huge fan of salty/sweet combos and layered bars!

This fudge combines the best of both of those worlds. One layer has the pretzels that provide some saltiness and a bit of crunch. The top layer provides a contrast because of the sweetness of the Oreos. I cut these into pretty small pieces, because like most fudges, this one is pretty intense!

I have to admit I wished that the bottom layer was a bit saltier. Next time I might even sprinkle some salt on top of that layer with the layer of pretzels. Don’t get me wrong, this fudge is amazing, but it didn’t provide the salty/sweet ratio that I was hoping for.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Ingredients:

100 grams dark chocolate
100 grams white chocolate
2 cans of condensed sweetened milk
20 Oreos, quartered
45 salted pretzels, 20 separated out and crushed

Directions:

Microwave the dark chocolate with one can of condensed milk for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chocolate is nearly all melted, stirring thoroughly after each minute. Stir in the 20 crushed pretzels.

Spread the mixture into a square 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Top with remaining 25 whole pretzels. Press the pretzels slightly into the fudge.

Repeat melting the white chocolate with the second can of condensed milk.

Break the cookies into quarters, and stir into the white chocolate mixture. Spread that on top of the dark chocolate and the pretzels.

Refrigerate until firm – about 2 hours. Cutting is easiest with a knife dipped into hot water.

Recipe adapted from Chocolate Fool

11 Responses to “Oreo Pretzel Fudge”

Sara — May 10, 2010 at 3:40 pm

A week of Oreo recipes!? Oh my goodness. This fudge looks awesome. I love sweet things that include pretzels. Sweet/salty is so delish.

Kerstin — May 10, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I’m excited for a week of Oreos! The combo of pretzels and Oreos in your fudge sounds amazing!!

Rachelle @ "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" — May 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Oh yum! We love Oreos too! I have an Oreo cake recipe on my blog (foudn at another) that I did for Mr.s Birthday one year. It’s oen of my top searched posts. =)

Memória — May 10, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I love Oreos, too, but I rarely buy them unless it is for a recipe. This looks fantastic. I don’t like pretzels very much, but I guess the other ingredients mask the taste of pretzels that I don’t like. Thanks for this recipe!

yumventures — May 11, 2010 at 12:01 am

I was just casually reading the beginning of this post, and then I scrolled down and saw the picture…OooooooMG! AMAZING! That looks like the most fantastic thing! Plus I love a salty/sweet combo, so this is right up my alley :)

Megan — May 11, 2010 at 12:29 am

This looks amazing! I like your idea of adding more salt. Did you see that there are pretzel M&Ms now? I bet it would be fun to sprinkle some of those on top!

Cara — May 11, 2010 at 12:50 am

Those sound amazing! I love a sweet and salty combo too… in fact I may or may not have kept picking at these ginormous chocolate and caramel covered pretzels on the dessert table at our family Mothers Day bbq yesterday. yum!

Lauren — May 31, 2010 at 8:07 pm

I will absolutely be checking back for the rest of the oreo recipes… I’m a huge fan :)

This fudge looks and sounds phenomenal. Salty, sweet, rich, chocolaty, creamy, crunchy. I want!

tersa — June 2, 2010 at 5:36 pm

More salt? That recipe seems like a perfect candidate for using sea salt! :)

Sean — June 3, 2010 at 6:54 pm

hey I just tried your recipe and and the bottom layer never set. Is there something I can do to prevent that?

Kris — June 11, 2010 at 1:53 am

My Husband shared a tasty post from The Kitchn with me on google reader and i discovered your blog. I spent all of vacation mornings going back and reading and tagging your recipe ideas. I am so inspired and can’t wait to get in the kitchen!!! My Husband can’t wait either!!