Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Clearly we love Oreos in the Beantown Baker household. I’ve made them from scratch, used them in brownies and cupcakes, made truffles out of them, and even put them in Rice Krispies treats. Even with all of this baking with Oreos, I still look for new recipes to feature these classic cookies. This week I’m going to highlight five more recipes using Oreos. Get out a glass of milk and be sure to check back to see what I’m baking up.

I’ve had my eyes on this fudge for a while now. I love the simplicity of the recipe. And we all know I’m a huge fan of salty/sweet combos and layered bars!

This fudge combines the best of both of those worlds. One layer has the pretzels that provide some saltiness and a bit of crunch. The top layer provides a contrast because of the sweetness of the Oreos. I cut these into pretty small pieces, because like most fudges, this one is pretty intense!

I have to admit I wished that the bottom layer was a bit saltier. Next time I might even sprinkle some salt on top of that layer with the layer of pretzels. Don’t get me wrong, this fudge is amazing, but it didn’t provide the salty/sweet ratio that I was hoping for.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Ingredients:

100 grams dark chocolate
100 grams white chocolate
2 cans of condensed sweetened milk
20 Oreos, quartered
45 salted pretzels, 20 separated out and crushed

Directions:

Microwave the dark chocolate with one can of condensed milk for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chocolate is nearly all melted, stirring thoroughly after each minute. Stir in the 20 crushed pretzels.

Spread the mixture into a square 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Top with remaining 25 whole pretzels. Press the pretzels slightly into the fudge.

Repeat melting the white chocolate with the second can of condensed milk.

Break the cookies into quarters, and stir into the white chocolate mixture. Spread that on top of the dark chocolate and the pretzels.

Refrigerate until firm – about 2 hours. Cutting is easiest with a knife dipped into hot water.

Recipe adapted from Chocolate Fool

13 Responses to “Chocolate M&M Cookies”

Katie — October 21, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Jen, I totally love your blog. You always ahve the BEST treats! I LOVE the picture with all the cookies resting on the m&ms. GREAT idea! 🙂

Jigginjessica — October 21, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Looks beautiful as always!

stephchows — October 21, 2009 at 3:31 pm

perfect use of pink! So interesting about how the cookies reacted to the way you rolled them! Thanks for the heads up!

oneordinaryday — October 21, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Your cookies look great and that’s a good tip about getting them to look their best too. My kids and all their friends love these cookies. I’ve made them a few times since I first posted them and they never last long.
    thanks for the link!
    ~ Michelle

Chocolate Shavings — October 21, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Those are beautiful and perfect for such a great cause

The Novice Chef — October 21, 2009 at 7:32 pm

What an adorable picture! Also helps that they are for a great cause! 🙂

Natalie — October 21, 2009 at 8:10 pm

M&Ms are my favorite treat and I love that during this month everything is PINK! The cookies look fantastic.

Kat — October 21, 2009 at 8:52 pm

I am bummed I missed your Power of Pink contest as I was utilizing October to raise awareness around breast cancer too! I made some cookies and have a post on my site: http://katskitchenplace.blogspot.com/2009/10/october-is-breast-cancer-awareness.html
    I like the chocolate cookie base of your cookies! Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to checking back and seeing all what people make towards your challenge 🙂

tastestopping — October 21, 2009 at 10:44 pm

A chocolate cookie topped with chocolate candies? What could be better? Perhaps a tall, ice cold glass of milk to go with them! They look divine. I’m wondering if you might skip the rolling and flattening by creating a wide log of dough (without M&Ms), slicing to the thickness desired, then pressing candies on top? Seems like the dough might be fairly easy to shape into a log. A quick pop into the fridge before slicing would help firm it up. Just a thought! I can’t wait to try them.

Best,
    Casey

P.S. Not sure if I’ve invited you before, but I’d love to publish any of your photos that FoodGawker and TasteSpotting decline! Thanks. 😀

nutmegnanny — October 23, 2009 at 3:15 am

I love the dark chocolate and pink M&M contrast. What fantastic cookies:)

natalie — February 25, 2010 at 8:31 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

natalie — February 25, 2010 at 8:33 pm

I just made your recipe for these cookies yesterday and took them to church. The kids went nuts and they’ve never turned out as pretty as they did this time. Thanks for the helpful tips because my m&m cookies have never turned out prettier! 9 minutes was also perfect timing as well.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 19, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Both pretty and I’m sure delicious! I love how you showed the comparison between batches to give better suggestions for prettier cookies. The final batch are definitely the prettiest of the bunch. I love that the pink pops w/the chocolate cookie.