Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Clearly we love Oreos in the Beantown Baker household. I’ve made them from scratch, used them in brownies and cupcakes, made truffles out of them, and even put them in Rice Krispies treats. Even with all of this baking with Oreos, I still look for new recipes to feature these classic cookies. This week I’m going to highlight five more recipes using Oreos. Get out a glass of milk and be sure to check back to see what I’m baking up.

I’ve had my eyes on this fudge for a while now. I love the simplicity of the recipe. And we all know I’m a huge fan of salty/sweet combos and layered bars!

This fudge combines the best of both of those worlds. One layer has the pretzels that provide some saltiness and a bit of crunch. The top layer provides a contrast because of the sweetness of the Oreos. I cut these into pretty small pieces, because like most fudges, this one is pretty intense!

I have to admit I wished that the bottom layer was a bit saltier. Next time I might even sprinkle some salt on top of that layer with the layer of pretzels. Don’t get me wrong, this fudge is amazing, but it didn’t provide the salty/sweet ratio that I was hoping for.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Ingredients:

100 grams dark chocolate
100 grams white chocolate
2 cans of condensed sweetened milk
20 Oreos, quartered
45 salted pretzels, 20 separated out and crushed

Directions:

Microwave the dark chocolate with one can of condensed milk for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chocolate is nearly all melted, stirring thoroughly after each minute. Stir in the 20 crushed pretzels.

Spread the mixture into a square 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Top with remaining 25 whole pretzels. Press the pretzels slightly into the fudge.

Repeat melting the white chocolate with the second can of condensed milk.

Break the cookies into quarters, and stir into the white chocolate mixture. Spread that on top of the dark chocolate and the pretzels.

Refrigerate until firm – about 2 hours. Cutting is easiest with a knife dipped into hot water.

Recipe adapted from Chocolate Fool

20 Responses to “Cookie Dough Brownies”

stephchows — December 7, 2009 at 4:34 pm

this is such a fantastic idea!! I would make cookie dough batter with my friends in middle school… leave out the eggs, and just eat it with a spoon LOL so good!

nutmegnanny — December 7, 2009 at 4:52 pm

This looks awesome! Since I’m a huge fan of cookie dough I know I will love this recipe 🙂

Lauren — December 7, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Ha – my husband loves the dough more than the cookie as well. I starred these – DEFINITELY making them soon.

We Are Not Martha — December 7, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Oooh these look delicious!! And combine the best of 2 worlds 🙂

Sues

laurasrecipecollection — December 8, 2009 at 12:17 am

holy cow! cookie dough + brownie? I think I’m in heaven

Justin — December 8, 2009 at 4:21 am

what a cool idea for the cookie dough layer. i used to make raw cookie dough (with egg beaters) and keep it in the freezer just for snacking

oneordinaryday — December 8, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Yum. I made a similar recipe but I put a thin chocolate ganache on top. It’s one of the best recipes I’ve posted, but I’m a sucker for that raw dough.

I think I might have to agree with your bro and hubby. I love chocolate chip cookies, but it’s the dough that makes me weak in the knees! This recipe is right up my alley.

Jelli Bean — December 8, 2009 at 3:43 pm

These look great! I also let my husband lick the beaters, but occasionally I slink behind the counter beside the sink and keep all the batter for myself. He’s usually too involved with TV to even notice.

Ingrid — December 10, 2009 at 6:33 pm

LOL, oh my gosh! I just noticed this had a anti-Weight Watchers label. How funny!

Those look insanely good!!Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    ~ingrid

e — December 11, 2009 at 12:42 pm

My high school made cookie dough covered brownies back in the day. They had a cult following and always sold out before the last lunch period. I never understood why you needed the brownie when a spoon works just fine.

laquillen — December 11, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Oh man. So sinful. Reminds me of the Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream “Half Baked. Half brownie, half cookie dough. I can’t say no to that stuff.

whatwelovemost — December 11, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Yummmm!! Oh my goodnessIsao adore cookie dough… This combination is beautiful!

Peggy — December 13, 2009 at 11:46 am

sounds delicious!

Miss Yunks — December 15, 2009 at 5:30 pm

these brownies looked so good I tried to make them myself! I love cookie dough AND brownies – perfect combo! Yours look much better of course. Here are mine: http://foodiesatworkdotcom.blogspot.com/2009/12/cookie-dough-brownies.html

Liesl — December 15, 2009 at 6:01 pm

YUM! These sound great!

A & W — December 30, 2009 at 8:53 am

AHHHH these look amaaazzzinnngggg. A little late in finding these but yeah I’m gonna need to make them.
    -Whitney

A & W — December 30, 2009 at 8:53 am

-Whitney

bcallegra — January 11, 2010 at 12:27 am

I just made these and they got rave reviews at work! Definitely a keeper – thanks, as always, for sharing a great recipe and photos!

Jade — April 15, 2010 at 6:27 pm

The best of both worlds!! These look awesome.

PIYALI CHATTERJEE — October 19, 2016 at 12:20 am