Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Clearly we love Oreos in the Beantown Baker household. I’ve made them from scratch, used them in brownies and cupcakes, made truffles out of them, and even put them in Rice Krispies treats. Even with all of this baking with Oreos, I still look for new recipes to feature these classic cookies. This week I’m going to highlight five more recipes using Oreos. Get out a glass of milk and be sure to check back to see what I’m baking up.

I’ve had my eyes on this fudge for a while now. I love the simplicity of the recipe. And we all know I’m a huge fan of salty/sweet combos and layered bars!

This fudge combines the best of both of those worlds. One layer has the pretzels that provide some saltiness and a bit of crunch. The top layer provides a contrast because of the sweetness of the Oreos. I cut these into pretty small pieces, because like most fudges, this one is pretty intense!

I have to admit I wished that the bottom layer was a bit saltier. Next time I might even sprinkle some salt on top of that layer with the layer of pretzels. Don’t get me wrong, this fudge is amazing, but it didn’t provide the salty/sweet ratio that I was hoping for.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Ingredients:

100 grams dark chocolate
100 grams white chocolate
2 cans of condensed sweetened milk
20 Oreos, quartered
45 salted pretzels, 20 separated out and crushed

Directions:

Microwave the dark chocolate with one can of condensed milk for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chocolate is nearly all melted, stirring thoroughly after each minute. Stir in the 20 crushed pretzels.

Spread the mixture into a square 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Top with remaining 25 whole pretzels. Press the pretzels slightly into the fudge.

Repeat melting the white chocolate with the second can of condensed milk.

Break the cookies into quarters, and stir into the white chocolate mixture. Spread that on top of the dark chocolate and the pretzels.

Refrigerate until firm – about 2 hours. Cutting is easiest with a knife dipped into hot water.

Recipe adapted from Chocolate Fool

11 Responses to “Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Bars”

stephchows — October 27, 2009 at 2:26 pm

mmm they look so super moist!

Cupcake Activist — October 27, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Yum! Those look really good! I’ve never tried white chocolate with pumpkin.

nutmegnanny — October 28, 2009 at 1:41 am

Wow white chocolate and pumpkin! What a delicious combination…yum!

Erin — October 28, 2009 at 2:02 am

I made those last year, and MAN OH MAN aren’t they good!

Sweet and Savory — October 28, 2009 at 4:01 am

I have in the oven, a chocolate-pumpkin streusel brownie. Now, I want to make this too.

You have great recipes. Thanks.

The Novice Chef — October 28, 2009 at 4:03 am

These look delicious! And I totally do not blame you for having a couple before taking them to give away!

bridget {bake at 350} — October 31, 2009 at 12:44 pm

I love that you ate 2 while you were cutting them! 🙂 That sounds familiar!

They look wonderful!

Tessa — October 31, 2009 at 5:33 pm

These are the same bars I made, but I added cinnamon chips per recommendation from Maria at Two Peas in their Pod. They were great! Glad to see they turned out well for you too!

Ingrid — November 2, 2009 at 7:05 pm

I totally agree I’m not crazy about chocolate and pumpking together. Another great flavor with pumpkin (in my opinion) is gingerbread.

I’m definitely adding this to my list of pumpkin recipes that will be baked from here until the kiddos say no more! 🙂
    ~ingrid

Jade — November 3, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I love making bars. These look amazing. I will definety try these soon!

Jessica — October 29, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I made these last night to take tailgating at a college football game tonight and they are SO yummy! I used semisweet chips instead of white chocolate, but I bet they’d be good either way! I’m Really glad you warned that the mixture might look like it curdled after adding in the pumpkin, because I think it would have freaked me out and I would have thought I did something wrong!