Oreo Cream Cheese Swirl Bars

Oreos make everything more indulgent. Cream cheese has the same affect. Imagine the super-indulgence of adding them BOTH to a brownie recipe. Yea, it’s pretty much like heaven.

I cut these brownies really small because they are so deliciously rich. The layer of cream cheese is awesome smothered between the two layers of Oreo brownies. And I like how they look like Oreos. The dark brownie batter sandwiches the white cream cheese layer just like an Oreo cookie!

I found this brownie batter to be extremely thick. This made it difficult to make swirls with the super creamy cream cheese layer. I think I made it work, but it was difficult. Also, be sure to let these cool completely. And store them in the fridge. They get all gooey and super soft when they come to room temperature. They still taste great, but I prefer the texture when they’re cold straight from the fridge.

Two Years Ago: Baked Eggplant Chips

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies

Yield: 25

1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped Oreo cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8-inch square baking dish with foil; coat foil with cooking spray.

Melt the butter in a small saucepan, over medium heat. Whisk in sugar and bring to a boil, whisking frequently; boil 1 minute. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.

In a small mixing bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract, until well combined, about 1 minute.

In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and salt; whisk until combined.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, until combined. Whisk in melted butter-sugar mixture until well combined. Stir in flour mixture until just combined, followed by Oreo cookies.

Spread half of brownie batter into baking dish, followed by cream cheese layer; dot the top with remaining brownie batter, and spread evenly, as best as you can. Run a knife through batter to make "swirls".

Bake at 350 degrees F, for 23-28 minutes.

Cool on a wire rack to room temperature before slicing. Lift foil out of baking dish, and slice. For easier slicing, try freezing the brownies for 30-60 minutes.

Recipe from Sugar Plum

11 Responses to “Homemade Snickers Candy Bars”

Shannon — October 22, 2010 at 5:23 pm

oh no! that’s too bad he had to guess… they look awesome and i bet they taste better too!

penniesonaplatter.com — October 22, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I will GLADLY be your taste tester for all these candy bars! Looks great!

Laura — October 22, 2010 at 5:59 pm

these look amazing!!! I want to try all three kinds 🙂 How do you think these would hold up if I gave them out as gifts a day or two after making them? Do they have to be refrigerated?

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 22, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I kind of want to go trick or treating at your house with these candies! I got a recipe from King Arthur Flour to make Twix bars that I’m dying to try out!

Jen — October 22, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Laura – I don’t know if they have to be refrigerated. I kept mine in the freezer and we snacked on them for over a week.

Fun and Fearless – If you decide to make Twix – let me know cause I want in on that!

Sandra — October 23, 2010 at 12:15 am

This is an entire blog about candy, chocolate bars, and sugary stuff? I think I have just fallen in love.
    I didn’t read down far enough in the post, I got too excited when I realized what I had stumbled upon, but i have to go back to see if you gave the Snicker’s bar recipe!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 23, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I’m sooooo going trick-or-treating at your place! You are amazing with your baking skills, absolutely amazing.

brettb734 — October 24, 2010 at 1:59 am

Those look delicious!!!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 25, 2010 at 5:13 pm

These look great! Thank you for submitting these to the ATTYC event!

Elina (Healthy and Sane) — October 28, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Snickers bars are definitely my favorite candy as well and I’m trying to stay away from them due to all the junk that’s in the ingredients list. I may have to make these some day (saving the recipe!).
    Your husband is hilarious – mine would probably have the same reaction. 🙂

Heather — November 6, 2010 at 2:00 am

These look so yummy! 🙂 How many Kraft caramels did you use? Thanks.