It’s a boy! Dipped Oreo Pops

A couple weeks ago, my nephew B was born. We were all very excited because he’s the first grandchild in the family. I’m still getting used to being called Aunt Jen. I wanted to do something when he made his arrival and decided that the best way to show my adoration of my first nephew was to bake something. Then I got to thinking and decided it would be fun to make treats that the new parents and grandparents could take to work to brag about the new little one.

These dipped Oreo pops were so easy to assemble and came out great. My mom and sister helped me write a B on each pop (we used Wilton candy pens. I had never used them before and they were so easy and worked great!). Then we put them in cellophane bags with some blue ribbon. My brother and sister-in-law took them to work to brag about their new baby boy.

Hubby REALLY enjoyed these guys. I did have to dip them twice for the almond bark to completely cover the dark Oreo cookie. I was worried the coating would be too overpowering, but it wasn’t. I don’t have any pictures of the final product, but just imagine about a hundred of these guys all wrapped up and ready to go.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pops

Ingredients:

Double Stuffed Oreos
Almond bark or white Wilton candy melts
Lolly-pop sticks
Candy pens for decorating - optional

Directions:

Melt a small amount of the almond bark. Dip the tip of a stick into melted almond bark, then slide into the center of the Oreo. Repeat for all Oreos.

Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt a larger quantity of almond bark and a fairly deep bowl.

Hold an Oreo by the stick and dip in almond bark. Tap stick on edge of bowl to encourage extra almond bark to drip off. Place on wax paper.

Repeat for all Oreos. Once tray is full, place in refrigerator for a few minutes to help the almond bark set up.

Decorate if desired.

11 Responses to “Homemade Snickers Candy Bars”

Shannon — October 22, 2010 at 5:23 pm

oh no! that’s too bad he had to guess… they look awesome and i bet they taste better too!

penniesonaplatter.com — October 22, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I will GLADLY be your taste tester for all these candy bars! Looks great!

Laura — October 22, 2010 at 5:59 pm

these look amazing!!! I want to try all three kinds 🙂 How do you think these would hold up if I gave them out as gifts a day or two after making them? Do they have to be refrigerated?

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 22, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I kind of want to go trick or treating at your house with these candies! I got a recipe from King Arthur Flour to make Twix bars that I’m dying to try out!

Jen — October 22, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Laura – I don’t know if they have to be refrigerated. I kept mine in the freezer and we snacked on them for over a week.

Fun and Fearless – If you decide to make Twix – let me know cause I want in on that!

Sandra — October 23, 2010 at 12:15 am

This is an entire blog about candy, chocolate bars, and sugary stuff? I think I have just fallen in love.
    I didn’t read down far enough in the post, I got too excited when I realized what I had stumbled upon, but i have to go back to see if you gave the Snicker’s bar recipe!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 23, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I’m sooooo going trick-or-treating at your place! You are amazing with your baking skills, absolutely amazing.

brettb734 — October 24, 2010 at 1:59 am

Those look delicious!!!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 25, 2010 at 5:13 pm

These look great! Thank you for submitting these to the ATTYC event!

Elina (Healthy and Sane) — October 28, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Snickers bars are definitely my favorite candy as well and I’m trying to stay away from them due to all the junk that’s in the ingredients list. I may have to make these some day (saving the recipe!).
    Your husband is hilarious – mine would probably have the same reaction. 🙂

Heather — November 6, 2010 at 2:00 am

These look so yummy! 🙂 How many Kraft caramels did you use? Thanks.