It’s a boy! Dipped Oreo Pops

A couple weeks ago, my nephew B was born. We were all very excited because he’s the first grandchild in the family. I’m still getting used to being called Aunt Jen. I wanted to do something when he made his arrival and decided that the best way to show my adoration of my first nephew was to bake something. Then I got to thinking and decided it would be fun to make treats that the new parents and grandparents could take to work to brag about the new little one.

These dipped Oreo pops were so easy to assemble and came out great. My mom and sister helped me write a B on each pop (we used Wilton candy pens. I had never used them before and they were so easy and worked great!). Then we put them in cellophane bags with some blue ribbon. My brother and sister-in-law took them to work to brag about their new baby boy.

Hubby REALLY enjoyed these guys. I did have to dip them twice for the almond bark to completely cover the dark Oreo cookie. I was worried the coating would be too overpowering, but it wasn’t. I don’t have any pictures of the final product, but just imagine about a hundred of these guys all wrapped up and ready to go.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pops

Ingredients:

Double Stuffed Oreos
Almond bark or white Wilton candy melts
Lolly-pop sticks
Candy pens for decorating - optional

Directions:

Melt a small amount of the almond bark. Dip the tip of a stick into melted almond bark, then slide into the center of the Oreo. Repeat for all Oreos.

Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt a larger quantity of almond bark and a fairly deep bowl.

Hold an Oreo by the stick and dip in almond bark. Tap stick on edge of bowl to encourage extra almond bark to drip off. Place on wax paper.

Repeat for all Oreos. Once tray is full, place in refrigerator for a few minutes to help the almond bark set up.

Decorate if desired.

12 Responses to “It’s good to be back in the kitchen!! Martha Stewart’s Buttermilk Cupcakes with Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream”

Jigginjessica — July 10, 2009 at 12:47 pm

These look and sounds great! Also thanks for the link to the cupcake carrier! I’ve been wanting to buy one for awhile now but didn’t like that Wilton’s only held 12.

Cate — July 10, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Those paper cupcake liners are so pretty! I keep seeing recipes from that book and I really want to get myself a copy!
    Do you think you could add a few extra ounces of chocolate to the frosting without messing up the texture?

Erin — July 10, 2009 at 12:51 pm

I just posted cupcakes from that book today too! And I also have the Wilton cupcake carrier. Not to thrilled with it either, but I got it because I needed something to carry a huge sheet cake in. I would love a double decker.

Your cupcakes look great, as always! I need to work on my frosting skills. (Hence the reason I posted a recipe that could be frosted in a “rustic” style!)

Jen — July 10, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Jessica – Definitely check out that carrier. Not sure if you guys have a Container Store, but I think BB&B carries it now too.

Cate – I’m not sure if more chocolate would ruin the texture… Possibly. I was underwhelmed when I tasted the frosting by itself, but when it was on the cupcake, it was really good. The subtle flavor paired really well with this cupcake. I just really prefer my chocolate frosting to be really chocolatey!

Erin – Thanks! I’m always try to improve my skills. This was the first time I’ve tried the rosette. I usually pipe from the outside in.

Ingrid — July 10, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Yay, for packages in the mail and new kitchens!

I like how you frosted the cupcakes, very pretty. I haven’t made SMBC yet but I’m gonna soon. Sounds good!

Happy Friday!
    ~ingrid

Jennifer — July 11, 2009 at 7:52 pm

I need that cupcake carrier!! Thanks for the link to it!! Ive been on the out look for a great one for a while!

These are great cupcakes! Well done!!

craftybitch — July 13, 2009 at 3:07 pm

These look awesome! What icing tip did you use, if you don’t mind me asking?

Jen — July 13, 2009 at 3:39 pm

I used my trusty old 1M tip for the frosting.

craftybitch — July 13, 2009 at 5:08 pm

Awesome, thank you!

Scott W. — July 23, 2009 at 12:34 am

The frosting is so delicate looking. Just the way Martha Stewart would like it.

Little Ewe — July 30, 2009 at 11:59 am

love the recioes and will definately try them but as i live in the uk please could you give me imperial measures rather than cupa and sticks thanks:)
    Fiona

articia — July 12, 2010 at 2:34 pm

when I make chocolate SMBC I actually use cocoa powder. I think it gives it a stronger chocolate flavor without messing with the texture. Maybe you could try adding some cocoa powder if the melted chocolate doesn’t taste bold enough.

also, I saw those snap n’ stack cupcake carriers at my local Meijer and bought 2. they weren’t cheap so as I was driving home I was deciding if I was going to regret spending nearly $50 on the 2 of them, but I couldn’t be happier with them. they’re come in *so* handy.