Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pops

Remember those dipped Oreos that I posted last week? Well those aren’t the only pops that I made to celebrate baby B’s arrival.

I made these peanut butter and chocolate pops as well. You really can’t beat the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. And, the Ritz crackers provide a great crunch to these guys. I definitely enjoyed them more than the dipped Oreos, but Hubby prefered the Oreos.

My mom used to make these when I was young only she didn’t put a stick in them. Adding the stick did prove to be a big difficult. I had a few that wanted to slide off the stick as I was dipping them in chocolate. Dipping the stick in chocolate prior to sliding them into the peanut butter seemed to help quite a bit.

Once again, my sister L and mom helped me to write a “B” on each one. Then we put them each in a cellophane bag with some ribbon. As I mentioned last week, my brother and his wife were able to take these treats to work to share their excitement about baby B.

One Year Ago: Rhubarb Rolls
Two Years Ago: Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Print Save

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops

Ritz crackers
creamy peanut butter
chocolate for dipping
lollipop sticks

Melt a small amount of chocolate in a bowl. Spread a small amount of peanut butter on a Ritz cracker. Dip the tip of a lollipop stick in chocolate and place in peanut butter. Top with another Ritz cracker. Set aside until all crackers are sandwiched together.

Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Melt a large amount of chocolate in a bowl. Dip peanut butter pop into melted chocolate. Tap stick on edge of bowl to encourage extra chocolate to drip off. Place on wax paper.

Repeat for all Ritz sandwiches. Once tray is full, place in refrigerator for a few minutes to help the chocolate set up.

8 Responses to “My Top 10 List!”

Michelle — June 30, 2009 at 11:54 pm

How awesome that you were on Leno! Are we allowed to ask what you were on for? I love your list and am raising two hands to vote for the Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake. I made it last fall ( and it is simply to die for. You won’t be sorry!!

Michelle — June 30, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Um yeah, totally meant Letterman. ::slaps forehead:: I’m sleepy 😉

annieseats — July 1, 2009 at 1:47 am

What a cool blog event! I wish I had known about it before today, so I could participate. Is it a monthly thing? If so, I’m definitely in next time!

Jen — July 1, 2009 at 3:13 am

Michelle – I was the co-captain of a Rube Goldberg team (think of the game mouse trap but on a HUGE scale) in college. In 2003, Purdue won the national competition and they got us on the Letterman show. I was the “spokesperson” for the team and we had our machine on stage. It was an awesome experience. I’ve been trying to find pictures, but that was pre-digital camera for me so I can’t find any…

Annie – I believe it is a monthly event. I think she started it in May…

Ali — July 8, 2009 at 5:39 pm

Thanks for the link to my site! I hope you try out the Chocolate Goat Cheese Truffles if you are a goat cheese fan. They were so delish.

Sweetie — July 9, 2009 at 11:44 am

yay for the best bookmarks ever! we have similar taste i guess bc i got some great ideas from this post and i’ve done some on your list. two quick notes on these bookmarks:

1) do the bagels at smitten kitchen. the cinna. raisin rock and it’s so rewarding to spend that much time and yield awesome results. i’m a new baker and it wasn’t very hard to do. definitely add the maple syrup or molasses to the water when you boil the bagels. dole makes plump raisins and they rock.
    2) billy’s cupcakes will be your answer to vanilla cupcakes forever! i had issues with overflow so i’d reduce the baking powder from 3t (=1T) to 2.5 tsp.

Jen — July 9, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Thanks for the tips Sweetie

McWalker — July 12, 2009 at 9:08 pm

OMG thanks for the shout-out!!! 🙂 where the HECK have i been!?? i’ve seen your facebook status updates and i never realized they were from YOUR blog!!! they are awesome! i’m SO proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! talk soon!!! love, WALKER
    ps: i have some pics, i’ll get them scanned. 🙂