White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars

I’ve got a great bar recipe that is sure to please anyone! I think everyone enjoys the white chocolate and macadamia nut combination. It’s almost as great as peanut butter and chocolate.

I made these to send to Jesse for Round 17 of Operation Baking Gals. One of his favorite cookies is a white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies. I wanted to take that flavor combo and make it in a bar format since I was short on time.

I hit the internet and found this recipe. It’s great. I like to sprinkle the mixins on top of the bars because it adds some texture and really makes the flavor of the mixins pop. I think I’ll be doing it from now on for any brownies or bars that have mixins.

Check out my entire week of bars and brownies here.

Print Save

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars

Yield: ~48

3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, divided
1 cup white chocolate chips, divided
1 tsp shortening

Heat oven to 375. Grease rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Heat butter and brown sugar in 3-quart saucepan over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted; remove from heat.

Beat vanilla and eggs into sugar mixture with electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in flour and baking powder on low speed. Stir in half of the nuts and white chocolate chips. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts and white chocolate chips.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set. Cool about 30 minutes. Cool before cutting.

Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker

10 Responses to “Homemade OREOS!”

Erin — April 23, 2009 at 1:31 pm

I’ve been wanting to try these for a long time! They look delicious!

Angie — April 23, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Oh, thank you for posting these… I know I could have just googled it but I was planning on looking up the recipe today because I think I’m gonna try them this weekend for lunch snacks next week!

Mrs D — April 23, 2009 at 1:42 pm

They look so yummy!

Joelen — April 23, 2009 at 1:46 pm

This looks great and it’s a recipe I have yet to try!

Kerstin — April 23, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Those are the perfect dunkable treats! They are so cute and look yummy too!

Suzy — April 23, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Great job on the oreos…They look delish, I’ll have to try them. Deb and hubby are enroute to Pioneer Woman’s ranch, if you didn’t already know. Keep up with her antics over the weekend!

Netts Nook — April 27, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Home made OREO’S I am impressed. They look perfect.

Memoria — April 27, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I made these a few days ago, too! I made Oreo cupcakes with them the next day. They were very yummy and quick to make!

Micco — December 5, 2009 at 12:17 am

I’m going to take the vegan approach to your recipe tonight, but I noticed you don’t have round cookie cutters. If you’re ever in need of an impromptu cutter (e.g. for biscuits), any round, empty shape will work. In fact, the other day, I made window cookies using a mug and a pill cap. No one was the wiser.

Excited to try the recipe – especially since I don’t have to cut anything. Thanks!

themilkmanswife — January 21, 2010 at 2:23 am

Thanks for sharing these with me! I’ll have to give this filling a whirl for my Oreo loving husband! 🙂