Layered Marshmallow Brownies

These brownies are amazing. Super-sweet and fudgy and amazing. They have a layer of fudge-like brownie, topped with a layer of marshmallows, and lastly, a sweet chocolate frosting layer. I’ve seen these come up in a variety of blogs over the last year or so since they first appeared Baking Blonde’s blog almost two years ago!

I prefer my brownies nice and thick, so I decided to make the recipe in an 8×8 pan instead of the 9×13 called for in the recipe. The brownie layer did take a significantly longer amount of time to bake, but I think the outcome was worth it.

At first taste, I wasn’t completely sold on these. I had put them in the fridge to cool and after I cut them, I tasted an edge piece. They were a bit too sweet. I’m sure many of you doubt that I could ever think a dessert was too sweet, but I did. They were so sweet in fact, that I didn’t take them with me to the get together as I had planned. I left them out on the counter while I was gone and gave them another taste when I got home. The sweetness had died down, and while they are still very sweet, they weren’t too sweet anymore. So I would definitely recommend serving these at room temperature, not when they’re cold.

I cut them fairly small since they are pretty intense (16 pieces for an 8×8 pan, after trimming off the edges). I took them to work with my and my coworkers thoroughly enjoyed them.

One Year Ago: Chicken Sausage, Spinach, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Quiche
Two Years Ago: Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Dairy Free Mexican Hot Chocolate Frosting

Frosted Marshmallow Brownies – adapted from Baking Blonde

10 Responses to “Double Fudge Brownies”

Mandy — October 1, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE brownies!!! Will definitely try out this recipe… soon.

(Just can’t let my husband know, who is a personal trainer, lol!)

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 1, 2010 at 1:57 pm

These were seriously the best brownies ever! I can’t wait to re-use this recipe!

Sheila — October 1, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Those look outrageously delicious!!!

Courtney — October 1, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I love me a good brownie – but can you believe that I haven’t actually made homemade brownies. I really must change that!!

Evan B — October 1, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Who doesn’t love brownies?! I don’t know if I could wait a whole night and not devour these immediately out of the oven!

nutmegnanny — October 1, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Yum! I love brownies! I’m thinking I actually might make some right now 🙂

Megan — October 1, 2010 at 4:34 pm

You have way more willpower than I do. I rarely let brownies cool. I love when they’re warm and gooey… and yes, then throw some vanilla ice cream and hot fudge and whipped cream on top!

I was good, and I let my KAF brownies rest overnight though.

THE OLD GEEZER — October 1, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 2, 2010 at 1:06 pm

HAHA, I totally cracked up at this post for two reasons: I love that you used the expression “Get outta town!” and that you posted the pic of our brownies that were, the best brownies ever. See? We just knew..

Great post, as always!