Layered Marshmallow Brownies

These brownies are amazing. Super-sweet and fudgy and amazing. They have a layer of fudge-like brownie, topped with a layer of marshmallows, and lastly, a sweet chocolate frosting layer. I’ve seen these come up in a variety of blogs over the last year or so since they first appeared Baking Blonde’s blog almost two years ago!

I prefer my brownies nice and thick, so I decided to make the recipe in an 8×8 pan instead of the 9×13 called for in the recipe. The brownie layer did take a significantly longer amount of time to bake, but I think the outcome was worth it.

At first taste, I wasn’t completely sold on these. I had put them in the fridge to cool and after I cut them, I tasted an edge piece. They were a bit too sweet. I’m sure many of you doubt that I could ever think a dessert was too sweet, but I did. They were so sweet in fact, that I didn’t take them with me to the get together as I had planned. I left them out on the counter while I was gone and gave them another taste when I got home. The sweetness had died down, and while they are still very sweet, they weren’t too sweet anymore. So I would definitely recommend serving these at room temperature, not when they’re cold.

I cut them fairly small since they are pretty intense (16 pieces for an 8×8 pan, after trimming off the edges). I took them to work with my and my coworkers thoroughly enjoyed them.

One Year Ago: Chicken Sausage, Spinach, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Quiche
Two Years Ago: Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Dairy Free Mexican Hot Chocolate Frosting

Frosted Marshmallow Brownies – adapted from Baking Blonde

14 Responses to “Spring M&M Pretzel Treats”

Sarah — April 9, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I love this simple recipe, and it will be a great idea for my sister-in-law’s bridal shower (both she and her fiance have M names). You mention in your other posts about using a squeeze bottle – is this any particular type of squeeze bottle? I’m not sure how to find one that would work for this purpose. What do you use? Thanks!

mamakrystal — April 9, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Awww, totally cute! It came up in my google reader and my stomach growled!!! YUM!

Teresa Bjork — April 9, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Yum! I’m making these this weekend for birthday treats. Can’t believe you can’t find almond bark. There are stacks of it at our small-town grocery store in Iowa.

Jen — April 9, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Sarah – I use squeeze bottles from Michaels. They look like this.

Teresa – yes, it’s crazy that they don’t have almond bark out East. In the Midwest you can get it anywhere!

Sarah — April 10, 2010 at 3:37 am

Thanks Jen! These are awesome. I have so many new pages bookmarked since finding your blog. P.S. I was in TJ Maxx tonight and found a jar of polka dot sprinkles, like true big polka dots, and I thought of you!

Baking Away — April 10, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Do you have any Super WalMarts near you? I get them there all the time in Massachusetts. They are carried year round in the baking aisle. I’m not sure if regular WalMarts have them too.

mrs. c — April 11, 2010 at 10:16 pm

These look yummy and I think that my college-age nephews would love them…how whould they travel? Have you got suggestions for things that will travel well in the mail? Thank you

Jen — April 11, 2010 at 11:08 pm

mrs. c – these would travel really well. I like them straight from the fridge or freezer. I would freeze them for a few days prior to mailing. That’s what I do with anything I ship. I have great luck with cookies and brownies going in the mail.

KV — April 12, 2010 at 4:55 pm

have you tried coloring almond bark before? I tried a couple months ago and it was a disaster, so just curious

Jen — April 12, 2010 at 6:23 pm

KV – I have not tried to color almond bark. The Wilton’s candy melts do come in a variety of colors though, so you could use those. They are sold at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

Baking Away — April 13, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Just wanted to clarify that I meant I find almond bark at Super WalMart here in MA. I went back to see if you had responded, and I realized my comment didn’t really make much sense!

Jen — April 13, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Thanks. I don’t shop much at Walmart… It’s probably better that I can’t find this stuff anywhere, otherwise I’d be making these all the time!

clash of clans gemmes gratuit sans payer — March 17, 2016 at 2:00 am

Retirer en discernement en visitant cette d?mes plaisanteries tel cette contradictoire localité.

OBAT LUKA BAKAR — October 6, 2017 at 10:07 am