Superbowl Dessert Sneak Peak

I had a lot of success making cupcake toppers out of candy melts for the Harry Potter movie over the summer that I decided to make some again for the Superbowl. I found each of the team logos online and printed out 12 of each to use as a stencil.

First I taped my stencil sheet onto the counter so it wouldn’t move. Then I put wax paper over the stencil sheet and taped it to my countertop. I was glad that the craft store I went to had dark blue candy melts. I was worried I’d have to make the horseshoes with that light blue color of candy melts.

Then I heated up some dark blue and some chocolate candy melts and started piping. My detailed piping skills aren’t the best, but I think I did a pretty good job.

I’m planning to make chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting then I’ll throw these on top. The frosting on the Saints cupcakes will be colored yellow.

8 Responses to “My Top 10 List!”

Michelle — June 30, 2009 at 11:54 pm

How awesome that you were on Leno! Are we allowed to ask what you were on for? I love your list and am raising two hands to vote for the Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake. I made it last fall (http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2008/10/11/brownie-mosaic-cheesecake/) and it is simply to die for. You won’t be sorry!!

Michelle — June 30, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Um yeah, totally meant Letterman. ::slaps forehead:: I’m sleepy 😉

annieseats — July 1, 2009 at 1:47 am

What a cool blog event! I wish I had known about it before today, so I could participate. Is it a monthly thing? If so, I’m definitely in next time!

Jen — July 1, 2009 at 3:13 am

Michelle – I was the co-captain of a Rube Goldberg team (think of the game mouse trap but on a HUGE scale) in college. In 2003, Purdue won the national competition and they got us on the Letterman show. I was the “spokesperson” for the team and we had our machine on stage. It was an awesome experience. I’ve been trying to find pictures, but that was pre-digital camera for me so I can’t find any…

Annie – I believe it is a monthly event. I think she started it in May…

Ali — July 8, 2009 at 5:39 pm

Thanks for the link to my site! I hope you try out the Chocolate Goat Cheese Truffles if you are a goat cheese fan. They were so delish.

Sweetie — July 9, 2009 at 11:44 am

yay for the best bookmarks ever! we have similar taste i guess bc i got some great ideas from this post and i’ve done some on your list. two quick notes on these bookmarks:

1) do the bagels at smitten kitchen. the cinna. raisin rock and it’s so rewarding to spend that much time and yield awesome results. i’m a new baker and it wasn’t very hard to do. definitely add the maple syrup or molasses to the water when you boil the bagels. dole makes plump raisins and they rock.
    2) billy’s cupcakes will be your answer to vanilla cupcakes forever! i had issues with overflow so i’d reduce the baking powder from 3t (=1T) to 2.5 tsp.

Jen — July 9, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Thanks for the tips Sweetie

McWalker — July 12, 2009 at 9:08 pm

OMG thanks for the shout-out!!! 🙂 where the HECK have i been!?? i’ve seen your facebook status updates and i never realized they were from YOUR blog!!! they are awesome! i’m SO proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! talk soon!!! love, WALKER
    ps: i have some pics, i’ll get them scanned. 🙂