Superbowl Dessert Sneak Peak

I had a lot of success making cupcake toppers out of candy melts for the Harry Potter movie over the summer that I decided to make some again for the Superbowl. I found each of the team logos online and printed out 12 of each to use as a stencil.

First I taped my stencil sheet onto the counter so it wouldn’t move. Then I put wax paper over the stencil sheet and taped it to my countertop. I was glad that the craft store I went to had dark blue candy melts. I was worried I’d have to make the horseshoes with that light blue color of candy melts.

Then I heated up some dark blue and some chocolate candy melts and started piping. My detailed piping skills aren’t the best, but I think I did a pretty good job.

I’m planning to make chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting then I’ll throw these on top. The frosting on the Saints cupcakes will be colored yellow.

9 Responses to “Marshmallow Fondant Pirate Party Cupcakes”

laurasrecipecollection — October 22, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Your costumes are so cute!
    I love the fondant too. I’m going to be trying fondant for the first time next weekend. You make it look so simple!

Xiaolu — October 22, 2009 at 2:47 pm

I MUST try this! I’ve been avoiding fondant cause of all the terrible things I’ve heard about the taste. Problem solved – thanks! You guys are so creative with the costumes too.

oneordinaryday — October 22, 2009 at 5:08 pm

That is so awesome. An annual pirate party? Sounds like a blast. I love your shirts too. If my kids weren’t already set on their Halloween costumes, I’d suggest being a treasure map instead. That is so creative!!!

oneordinaryday — October 22, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Oops – forgot to mention the cupcakes. : )
    Very cool. I’ve never made fondant because I’m afraid it tastes bad. Is it good?

Jen — October 22, 2009 at 6:31 pm

It is good! It tastes like marshmallow but sweeter.

nutmegnanny — October 23, 2009 at 3:11 am

Delicious! If that was your first time making fondant I would give yourself a big pat on the back:) It looks awesome! I need some mad cupcake skills like yours!

thereddeer — October 24, 2009 at 12:55 am

After my current box of fondant has run out I am so making some marshmallow fondant – and now that I know you can use the KitchenAid even better!

Carrie — October 25, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Wow, you did an amazing job! Thank you for the fondant tutorial, I’ve never made fondant before… you make it look so easy!

stephchows — October 26, 2009 at 2:54 pm

just went to a party on saturday. if you show up without a costume the rest of the guests get to pick a costume out of the box of last years costumes for you to wear heeh