Superbowl Cupcakes! Go Colts! Go Saints!

As I mentioned yesterday, I made some chocolate team logos for my Superbowl cupcakes (I used this Irish Car Bomb cupcake recipe) .

I am really hoping the game is a good one. I’ll be happy whoever wins. I’m a Colts fan since I grew up in Indiana, so I’d obviously love to see the Colts win. But, I went to Purdue and love Drew Brees so I’d love to see him and the Saints win too.

I think these cupcakes turned out awesome. I forgot to color half of the frosting yellow for the Saints cupcakes, so I just sprinkled some yellow sprinkles on them instead.

14 Responses to “It’s a boy! Dipped Oreo Pops”

Cupcake Activist — May 13, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Cute idea and they look so easy to make. Must try.

Cupcake Activist — May 13, 2010 at 6:08 pm

And the stick makes them perfect for milk dipping.

jess @ pen n' paperflowers — May 13, 2010 at 6:48 pm

oh my…i’ve tried my hand at these and just about every oreo ended up cracking when i tried to insert the stick. *frowny face* not even dipping the sticks first seemed to help? do you have any suggestions on how to slide them in without any hiccups. *wink*
    thank you SO much for your help…yours came out adorable!

We Are Not Martha — May 13, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Wow, these are such a great favor idea! They look easy, but impressive (and delicious)!

Sues

Sarah — May 13, 2010 at 8:19 pm

I am loving all of these new parents/new baby posts, because friends of ours just had a baby boy last week and I can just do everything you’re doing! 🙂

Jess@pen – are you using Double Stuffed Oreos? If you’re using regular Oreos, maybe the center isn’t thick enough to support the lollipop stick between the cookie ends. Or maybe the lollipop stick isn’t thin enough (do they even make different sizes?). Just thinking out loud. Good luck. 🙂

Jen — May 13, 2010 at 9:11 pm

jen@pen – I agree with Sarah, be sure to use double stuff Oreos and thin sticks. You’ll notice that the craft store has at least two thicknesses of sticks. You want the thinnest ones. I did slide the sticks in slowly but didn’t have any issues with breaking cookies.

Kara — May 13, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Why must this kind of thing be posted when I’m trying to lose weight? 😉

Kim @ Frost Me! — June 8, 2010 at 10:37 pm

YUM! I love the idea of doing the initial on them!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

Shawnda — February 22, 2013 at 2:05 am

Just choose to tell you a piece of writing is really as awesome. All of the picture quality in your own place is definitely fascinating and are able to feel you’re an experienced for this idea. Fantastic along with your agreement i can to seize ones give food to to continue modified together with upcoming publish. Thx one million and you need to maintain this worthwhile succeed.

facebook.com — August 8, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Awesome post.

Pam — February 23, 2014 at 5:19 pm

How far ahead can you make these and will the Oreo get soggy ?

• beantownbaker — February 23rd, 2014 @ 8:45 pm

We made them a week in advance and the Oreos did not get soggy.

Christina — March 23, 2014 at 8:58 pm

I can totally see the hiccups @jess, the Double Stuf Oreos have a far more thin and brittle cookie than the original Oreos. They crumble, split and crack very easily, I would imagine irregardless of stuffing volume, the structural integrity of the original Oreo cookie would hold up better for this project.

Lana — January 29, 2016 at 3:40 am