BBQ Chicken Pizza Sticks

Hubby and I aren’t big pizza people. If we do it pizza, it’s homemade and we rarely order pizza. There is one place near us that we do order from, Upper Crust. We love their Bub’s BBQ Chicken pizza.

When I saw these pizza sticks come up on Lauren’s blog, they reminded me of the Upper Crust pizza that we love. I served these pizza sticks during the appetizer portion of the party. I loved Lauren’s idea of cutting them into sticks. Everyone really enjoyed these pizza sticks and they were one of the first things to disappear at our Superbowl party!

Print Save

BBQ Chicken Pizza Sticks

BBQ Chicken Pizza is awesome. By cutting the pizza into strips, it quickly becomes and easy appetizer.

1 pizza crust - homemade or store bought
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup shredded pizza cheese mix
3/4 lb chicken tenders
1 small red onion, sliced
1 cup BBQ sauce, plus more for dipping

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet until opaque and cooked through. Chop into small pieces. This can be done ahead of time.

Place dough in pizza pan. Spread 1/2 cup of each of the cheeses onto the crust. Sprinkle chicken pieces over cheese. Sprinkle onion pieces over chicken. Drizzle 1 cup BBQ sauce over pizza. Last, sprinkle the remaining cheese over pizza.

Bake according to the directions on your pizza crust or until cheese is melted. I used Trader Joe's pizza crust so I baked at 425 for 8-10 minutes.

Allow pizza to cool 5-10 minutes, then slice into stick. I like to use kitchen sheers to cut pizza. Serve with additional BBQ sauce for dipping.

Recipe inspired by Lauren's Kitchen

13 Responses to “Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Upside Down Cake”

Sarah — November 24, 2010 at 4:58 pm

This is the perfect recipe for all of the leftover ingredients I have! Hubby made me buy a 3-pound bag of cranberries because he loves them, but you only use 12 ounces for cranberry sauce so I’ve got about 2 pounds of cranberries left to use, plus lots of pumpkins and pecans. This is definitely being made this weekend!

Megan — November 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Oh man. That does sound good. And I know it must be if you’re repeating it because I am the same way. I’m going to make a cranberry maple pecan cake on Friday… but this is really tempting too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephanie — November 24, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Oh, man! If I only had more time for Thanksgiving dessert table – this is certainly one I would try.

We Are Not Martha — November 24, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Oooh this cake looks so ooey gooey and delicious! I wish there weren’t already so many desserts coming to my Thanksgiving table because I’d totally make this!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 24, 2010 at 6:02 pm

This looks super delicious and your photos look great too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby!

Shannon — November 25, 2010 at 3:48 pm

ooooh, my, i must try this 🙂 happy thanksgiving!!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm

What a fabulous recipe! All the flavors sound delicious to me.

Shandra — November 29, 2010 at 4:45 am

This looks amazing! It looks so moisty yum, I should try to make this sometime, Love your blog! this is my first comment for you so I thought I’d show some appreciation for your blog, because I’ve been drooling over all your recipes for a while

"pup" — November 29, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Your photos are beautiful! The pictures I took of the actual cake didn’t look to appealing, the photos I took of the bite sized cake bites looked pretty though lol
    Good job!!

freefoodboston — December 1, 2010 at 3:21 pm

What a great recipe! You totally had me at caramel/pecan/cranberry topping.

Sophie — January 1, 2011 at 3:14 am

Just finally made this cake and it is astoundingly good! Truly the best dessert I’ve had in…oh, a very long time. Thank you for your post!

Nancy Blume-Watson — November 30, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I tried to be good, I really did! This cake was so delicious, I not only had seconds, I had a piece for breakfast the next day and for a snack later that day. This one goes on my Christmas menu!

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:52 pm

I doubled the recipe this time and you’ll remember the middle didn’t quite bake through. It also spilled over a bit, so next time, I’ll put a pan under the cake in the oven.