Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

Biscuits and gravy is one of those foods that just reminds me of home. My dad used to make this for us on the weekends. When I first met Hubby, he had no idea what biscuits and gravy were. Crazy Northeasterner! He fell in love the first time he had my dad’s biscuits and gravy. And it’s so simple to throw together when you’re half asleep on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

I like to use the flaky buttermilk store bought biscuits. You could definitely make your own from scratch if you wanted. We also like our gravy pretty thick. Feel free to add more milk to thin out your gravy if you prefer.

Print Save

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

Yield: 4

Ingredients:

1 pkg sausage
2 cups milk
3 Tbsp flour
fresh ground pepper
8 biscuits

Directions:

While biscuits are baking, make sausage gravy.

Brown sausage in a skillet. Add milk and flour to pan and whisk together to form a gravy. Add more milk to thin the consistency out, more flour to thicken the consistency. Season with pepper to taste.

Serve gravy over biscuits.

Recipe from my dad

Check out my week of Family Favorites here.

15 Responses to “Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls”

Christina @ This Woman Cooks! — August 22, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I love blueberries in pancakes and waffles. They’ve gotta be good in cinnamon rolls too!

Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life — August 22, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Yum! I have always wanted to make my own cinnamon rolls but have always been a tad nervous about he process!!! These look amazing with the blueberries!!

P.S. I found your blog today when you posted that you were from Boston on Tina’s blog! I am from just outside of Boston too!

nicole — September 1, 2011 at 3:41 am

these look amazing. I love cinnamon rolls, and this combo sounds great!

Kelly Delafield — October 21, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Can you tell me how to make the frosting?

Maureen — April 9, 2012 at 11:26 pm

I love the blueberry, I tried swapping them with raspberries and they were just as good if not better. Love the base recipe.

Aimee — July 3, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I made these today cheating with crescent roll dough. They were amazing!

cindy chisholm — February 16, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Da bomb! Brilliant, as well as yummy:)
    Thank you! I will make an impression at brunch tomorrow..lol

Robin — April 24, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Made these for Easter breakfast (blueberry cinnamon rolls, hardboiled eggs, and thick sliced ham slices). What a delicious treat! I don’t know if I’ll ever go back “regular” cinnamon rolls again! I cut the recipe in half. Perfect amount for my husband, myself, and 3 teenaged boys. Honestly, I can’t say enough about this recipe. These rolls are worth every minute spent making them. To avoid having to get up so early, I saved the second rise for the morning. After slicing the rolls and placing them in the greased pan, I covered them tightly with plastic wrap and placed them in the fridge overnight. I took them out of the fridge and let them set at room temperature to rise for about an hour before placing them in the oven. They were perfect! Thanks so much!

• beantownbaker — April 27th, 2014 @ 2:50 pm

So glad you enjoyed them!! I’ve done the second rise the next morning as well.

Robin — April 26, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Forgot to mention that a step was left out of the recipe: it never tells you to sprinkle the rolled out dough with sugar and cinnamon mixture (& 2 T flour?).

• beantownbaker — April 27th, 2014 @ 3:01 pm

Thanks for pointing this out. I updated the recipe to reflect this.

Karina — June 14, 2014 at 9:13 am

Hi there – I was wondering if this dough would be okay to freeze? I’m a novice when it comes to anything baking related!

Glennis — July 18, 2016 at 12:19 pm

I found that the cinnamon was over powering. I will add 3 tsp next time 4 Tablespoons was way to much.

Diane — July 24, 2016 at 2:05 pm

Is there any kneading involved???