Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

Biscuits and gravy is one of those foods that just reminds me of home. My dad used to make this for us on the weekends. When I first met Hubby, he had no idea what biscuits and gravy were. Crazy Northeasterner! He fell in love the first time he had my dad’s biscuits and gravy. And it’s so simple to throw together when you’re half asleep on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

I like to use the flaky buttermilk store bought biscuits. You could definitely make your own from scratch if you wanted. We also like our gravy pretty thick. Feel free to add more milk to thin out your gravy if you prefer.

Print Save

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

Yield: 4

Ingredients:

1 pkg sausage
2 cups milk
3 Tbsp flour
fresh ground pepper
8 biscuits

Directions:

While biscuits are baking, make sausage gravy.

Brown sausage in a skillet. Add milk and flour to pan and whisk together to form a gravy. Add more milk to thin the consistency out, more flour to thicken the consistency. Season with pepper to taste.

Serve gravy over biscuits.

Recipe from my dad

Check out my week of Family Favorites here.

20 Responses to “Snickerdoodle Blondies”

oneordinaryday — December 9, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Yum. I bet your kitchen smelled amazing while these were baking!

nutmegnanny — December 10, 2009 at 1:13 am

Awesome! These are sooooo something I would love. I’m also totally with you on the whole bar cookie thing. It’s so easy to just do one thing and then lounge until they done.

Memรณria — December 10, 2009 at 2:27 am

So many bloggers are making cookie bars and blondies these days. I’ve tried the snickerdoodle blondies, and they are so good!!! YUM! Lovely photos!

Nancy @ Live love laugh — December 10, 2009 at 5:21 am

We do love Snickerdoodles! I have never made a good blondie and have not made many bar cookes…so it is time to start! Thanks!
    ~Nancy

Nancy @ Live love laugh — December 10, 2009 at 5:21 am

~Nancy

stephchows — December 10, 2009 at 4:03 pm

mmmm I don’t mind your bar kick one bit! yum!

Shauna — December 10, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Yum! What a great idea.

Ingrid — December 10, 2009 at 6:10 pm

I’ve made been making these for a couple of years. My family and I LOVE them. I was making them so often I pretty much had the recipe memorized! Yours look great! I hope your sister gets a chance to try them sometime.
    ~ingrid

Btw, anything in the bar form rocks over regular cookies! ๐Ÿ™‚

JackieA31509 — December 10, 2009 at 7:49 pm

I’m pretty sure I want to leave work immediately and make these!

themilkmanswife — December 10, 2009 at 11:24 pm

When I saw these pop up in my google reader yesterday, I made them right away! Mostly because we were snowed in and I had everything on hand. They are so simple, but so wonderful. We loved them! Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ™‚

Julia from Dozen Flours — December 11, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Glad you like my recipe! ๐Ÿ™‚ Gorgeous photos!

Kat — December 12, 2009 at 2:35 pm

I am going to have to try these as I love snickerdoodles and blondies!

Mollie — December 15, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Great recipe!
    I used it (don’t worry – gave you credit!), and added to it. Check out my More is More Bars (aka Sinckerdoodle Cranberry Chocolate Cheesecake Blondie Bars).

Kasey — March 3, 2010 at 1:42 am

I made these for my boss’ family (they are having a rough few weeks) and as far as I know they were a hit with the kids! Unfortunately I did not get to try one myself, but they looked delish! Thanks for the recipe!

Ashley — March 6, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie, so cannot wait to try this recipe!

Ashley — March 31, 2010 at 12:56 am

I made these this weekend and they were so good. So moist and thick and cinnamon sugary!! I posted them on my blog! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks so much for sharing!

Audrey — April 1, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I made these with a slight variation to the size and crust. My roommates and I nearly died when they were in the oven, the smell was incredible. I took a pan to class and they were devoured. I was slightly happy about this because I would have finished them myself!

beantownbaker — April 2, 2011 at 2:54 pm

So glad you enjoyed the recipe.

Tara — April 19, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Pinned this. Made it. LOVED it! Recommended it and have shared the recipe to others! Blogged about how great they are: http://spotofteadesigns.com/2014/04/pinned-recipes-tested-with-reviews/

• beantownbaker — April 21st, 2014 @ 5:13 pm

So glad you enjoyed them (and pinned them, and blogged about them!)