Operation Baking Gals – Round 15 is open for Registration!!

It’s that time again everyone! Time to make a real difference by BAKING! I did my first Operation Baking Gals earlier in the year and co-hosted a team recently where we sent baked goods to a friend of mine from High School.

Heather from Heather Drive and I are teaming up again this round to bake for a husband and wife team who are both stationed in Iraq in different units. Thanks so much to a fellow Beantown Baker reader for sending me their information!

Brian and Rebecca were married this past Valentine’s Day and are currently in Iraq on a 18 month deployment!

If you’ve never heard of Operation Baking Gals, check out the website. Basically, a team of bakers get together to send goodies to soldiers stationed overseas. Even non-bakers sign up in the fun to send care packages. Then the soldier being sponsored by a team shares all their goodies with his/her buddies. The shipping dates for Round 15 are Dec 1-16 so the goodies will arrive in time for the holidays.

If you’d like to join us,
1) go to http://www.bakinggals.com/ and Log In or Create a New Account
2) go to Join a Round 15 Team
3) join Team Beantown Baker to bake for Rebecca (if the team is full at 20 people signed up, please consider signing up for Rebecca’s husband Brian by joining Team Heather Drive)
4) wait for an email with the shipping address

If you have any questions, check out the Operation Baking Gals FAQ page.

Also check this out.

You can get a special flat rate box from the US Post Office. The boxes are FREE and you can ship the box with anything in it for a flat rate of $11.95. They are specifically for APO/FPO addresses and say “America Supports You” on them. How cool is that!

I hope you can join us. If you know a soldier who would love some love from back home, let us know about that as well! If you have any questions, feel free to email me!

19 Responses to “Pecan Pie Cookies”

Carrie — October 19, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Wow those look awesome, I am going to have to add these to my cookie idea list which seems to be never ending

Crystal — October 19, 2009 at 2:38 pm

These look delicious! I will have to try them. I have a recipe for pecan pie cake. It’s quick, easy and tastes just like pecan pie.

Joe — October 19, 2009 at 5:36 pm

There is nothing better than a perfect pecan pie. These look great and really easy.

stephchows — October 19, 2009 at 7:59 pm

perfect for a pecan pie addict!

gaga — October 19, 2009 at 8:55 pm

These are such a great idea! One of my favorite pies is pecan, but I can never finish a whole slice because it gets too disgustingly sweet. These are perfect bite-size versions, I love it!

Stephanie Wagner — October 19, 2009 at 9:38 pm

So thoughtful! My dad loves pecan pie, I’ll have to make these for his birthday this winter.

Kat — October 20, 2009 at 12:18 am

What a great way to have pecan pie in moderation :). Sometimes I find pecan pie too sweet so the cookie base is a nice change.

Jigginjessica — October 20, 2009 at 12:31 pm

These look and sound really great! I think these would be a perfect dessert addition to my families Thanksgiving!

nutmegnanny — October 21, 2009 at 4:05 am

These looks great!

Mansi — October 21, 2009 at 7:15 pm

I make these too, aren’t they simply delicious! loved your pic!:)

btw, they’d be perfect for my sweet celebration contest I’d be glad if you could send them in for my blog event!

I’off to check out your giveaway:)

thereddeer — October 24, 2009 at 12:56 am

Yum! My hubby loves pecans so I might have to give these a try one day 🙂

Amethyst — October 25, 2009 at 4:04 pm

These are perfect to add to my cookie bags for holiday gifts! Thank you for sharing!

Tami — November 4, 2009 at 4:17 am

I love pecan pie so I can’t wait to try these little gems. 🙂

How To Eat A Cupcake — November 4, 2009 at 3:04 pm

I totally saw the write up about Baking Gals in Taste of Home! I was so excited! 😉

Tami — November 12, 2009 at 3:54 am

I made these this week for the Clean Plate Club Cookie Carnival. They’ve become a family favorite! Oh my are they good!!

Tari McDonald — November 27, 2009 at 8:57 pm

Jen, you left a comment on my blog asking if I chilled my dough when I made these cookies (responded on my blog, but I’ll do it here, too!). I didn’t chill the dough, altough I think I will last time. Some of my cookies spread too much just making it following the recipe. Thanks for sharing and submitting it for the cookie carnival!

booksncooks — December 11, 2009 at 2:37 am

You saved me this weekend – after being unable to find an ingredient for another recipe, I was in a jam, as all the desserts for my holiday party this weekend had chocolate in them. I remembered I had flagged these cookies to try out – I’ll be making these tomorrow night. Thanks!

Shannon Pivetta — November 11, 2013 at 11:28 am

Does anyone know if these freeze well?

• beantownbaker — November 11th, 2013 @ 9:09 pm

These freeze really well. I’m actually making a batch tomorrow night to freeze until Thanksgiving.