The Power of Pink!
It’s back! The Power of Pink Challenge! I started this challenge last year as a way to promote Breast Cancer Awareness. It seems that now everyone knows someone who has been affected by breast cancer. In honor of October being National Breast Cancer Awareness month, I present this challenge to you:
make something PINK
It can be anything as long as it’s pink. While you’re doing it, think of the people in your life who have been affected by this disease. Do your monthly self-exam or your mammogram. This disease can be beaten especially with early detection and increased awareness.
Here are the rules:
1. Make something, anything, that comes out pink – use any ingredients you want (you can double this up for another Breast Cancer blogging event if you’d like, but it does need to be a new post)
2. Post your pink food by Midnight EST on October 31
3. Include the logo and link back to this post in your post
4. Email me at Jen[at]beantownbaker[dot]com – include:
- Your name and location (city/state/country)
- Name of your blog
- Link to your post
- Picture (or permission to pull one out of your post)
If you don’t have a blog and would like to participate, just send me your information as well as the recipe used and I will post it here for you.
As an added bonus, I will be providing one lucky participant with some fun pink kitchen gear. I will choose a participant at random (using Random.org) to win this prize package: The Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book Celebrating the Promise AND Pink Kitchenaid measuring cup/spoon set (sorry international readers, prize is only valid for US shipping addresses).