Kitchen Update – Sink and Faucet

I know it’s been quite a while since I had a kitchen update. That’s because we’ve been having too much fun enjoying or newly fully-functioning kitchen!

I wanted to highlight our sink and faucet. As silly as this might sound, the sink and faucet are one of my favorite things about the new kitchen. And they were the things that I obsessed over the least.

We went with a D-shaped sink because our kitchen designer recommended it and it seemed like a great idea. For some reason, it feels so much bigger than a square sink even though it’s about the same dimensions. And it just seemed to fit our sink space really well. We were able to find the sink on Overstock.com for about $100 cheaper than it is at Home Depot. Hubby jokes that we can stack a week’s worth of dishes into this sink because it’s so big. I try not to let that happen, but it does hold a ton of dishes and the griddle pan from our stove fits in the sink which is awesome, because we use it a lot!

As far as the faucet goes, we knew we wanted a pull out faucet with one handle. And I knew I wanted a sleek and simple design. We did spend quite a bit of time looking online for a faucet with little luck. We both agreed on this faucet at Home Depot (I can’t find it on their website, but if you want the model number, shoot me an email). I think it looks great in the space and I love the pull out head. The faucet swivels, has a pull out sprayer, can switch between a single stream and the sprayer with the touch of a button, and that top button stops the water flow completely (although I never use that). Because of all the moving parts, this faucet is extremely useful. We had the granite guys install the faucet and handle on one side of the sink and the soap dispenser on the other side. It has worked wonderfully.

As I mentioned, my sink and faucet are one of my surprisingly favorite things about our new kitchen. They make the chore of cleaning up the dishes so much less painful. (And yes, I realize I need to post about that backsplash and the spice rack we installed… And once we finish the painting, and get stools for our table, I’ll post the final “after” pics).

So what is the favorite part of your kitchen? Any cool features that you love? Or something you wish you had if you could redesign your kitchen? I’d love to hear about it.

Bookmark and Share

11 Responses to “Kitchen Update – Sink and Faucet”

stephchows — September 11, 2009 at 2:06 pm

So exciting!!! We are in the middle of a kitchen redo too! Our faucet just went in yesterday! Along with the new dishwasher(we didn’t have one before) is now hooked up!! That may be my favorite new part :) no more washing dishes by hand!!

Megan — September 11, 2009 at 2:58 pm

We’ve been looking around for backsplash. The area behind the sink, stove, and counters is just so bare… we can’t seem to make up our minds about which tiles we like… or if we prefer small bricks. It’s going to be a long process!

And p.s. my boyfriend is obsessed with the faucet you got. We don’t need a new one, but if we did, that’s the one we’d get!

Jen — September 11, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Steph – Oh I can’t imagine not having a dishwasher!

Megan – I love the look of the glass mosiac subway tiling for a backsplash. We had an interesting obstacle in that we have REAL subway tiling on the wall to about 4 feet and the previous owners used liquid nails to attach a laminate backsplash. So we needed something that could be glued back on.

Jennifer — September 11, 2009 at 11:48 pm

Oh how exciting for the change! I love the redo!

Joe — September 12, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Wicked jealous, I love it. My wife and I talk about our kitchen re-do all the time, even though we don’t have a dime put away for it. But when we do, it will be so fun. The kitchen is by far my favorite room in the house.

Nancy — September 13, 2009 at 12:26 am

Jen: The sink and faucet look beautiful. What I can see of the blacksplash and spice rack, it looks fantastic too. I love, love, love the Vulga Blue granite in our kitchen and I think the glass tile backsplash, although very pricey, really gave the kitchen the splash of color and uniqueness we were looking for! Ok, I really love the chandeliers….they are a real conversation piece and also unique (not for everyone, especially if you are in to simple, clean lines).

Jen — September 13, 2009 at 1:26 am

Jennifer – Thanks!

Joe – The kitchen is our fav room too. A renovation is a fun/exciting/stressful time. Good luck if you ever get around to it.

Nancy – Thanks – I need to write up posts about the backsplash and spice rack/shelf. We just painted today so it’s all coming together!

bcallegra — September 15, 2009 at 12:22 am

It’s so funny – after reading your post on your kitchen and fancy new faucet, I saw the same faucet while at an open house and was showing off all its features to Andrew. Very cool!

Cupcake Activist — September 29, 2009 at 7:52 pm

I have that exact same faucets and I love it! I also have a deep stainless steel sink. So awesome!

judyn — November 7, 2009 at 4:12 pm

I see that your faucet is on the right. Are you right-handed? I have seen it both ways and need to make a decision. Thanks.

Jen — November 8, 2009 at 11:20 pm

Yes we are both right handed. I actually never thought about putting it on the left.