Fish Tacos

I have a confession about fish tacos. Hubby and I always snicker when we see them on a menu at a restaurant or hear someone order them. It’s just funny. Of course neither of us had ever tried fish tacos, so it was somewhat hypocritical (I always say “don’t hate it ’til you try it”), but we were hatin on fish tacos.

Then one night we tried them. And boy were they good. In the 6 weeks since that night, I think we’ve had fish tacos at least 6 times. We both really enjoyed the fish taco. In fact a small place near our house just opened up that only sells fish tacos. And we’ve been making them at home. This was our first attempt. We used salmon and just threw in some toppings we had around the house. And they were awesome.

So I have a question readers, is there something that you thought you’d never like and then you tried it and loved it?

Fish TacosRub some fish with taco seasoning (recipe here) and cook it. We cooked our salmon on our griddle.

Serve fish with taco fixins. We used sprouts (unconventional, but we love sprouts), chopped tomato, and guacamole.

Enjoy!

9 Responses to “Bacon wrapped, Goat cheese and almond stuffed Dates”

Joelen — August 1, 2008 at 8:28 pm

Now I think bacon wrapped dates are amazing… but stuffed with goat cheese & almond?! Yum! I wish I knew of this before my Tapas party last weekend 🙂

Nate — August 21, 2008 at 8:06 pm

These are absolutely amazing!

ttfn300 — August 27, 2008 at 2:53 pm

wow sooooo good, recently had something like these (maybe minus the goat cheese?) at a reception. but i love goat cheese. need to buy me some dates 🙂

gaga — December 17, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Yay for goat cheese! It really does make them better, doesn’t it?

aleta meadowlark — March 17, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Okay, so I had these babies at a party in rural Massachusetts this weekend, and I have no idea who made them (they were part of a HUGE spread and like 100 people brought food), and I’m wondering, given your proximity, whether or not I may have possibly eaten your delights unknowingly?

Jen — March 17, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Aleta – it was not me, although it sounds like a great party. These always get gobbled up anywhere we take them!

biz319 — July 30, 2009 at 5:16 pm

do you think these would be good at room temperature?

I am going to an outdoor concert next week and wanted to bring some finger food!

Jen — July 30, 2009 at 5:19 pm

These are awesome at room temperature. We’ve made them a ton. You can make them and refrigerate for a couple days before grilling/broiling, you can also go ahead and cook them just leave them at room temperature. I prefer them at room temperature actually.

Beryl — December 2, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Would you imagine using some milder-tasting cheese like Brie tasting good?