Fish Tacos

I have a confession about fish tacos. Hubby and I always snicker when we see them on a menu at a restaurant or hear someone order them. It’s just funny. Of course neither of us had ever tried fish tacos, so it was somewhat hypocritical (I always say “don’t hate it ’til you try it”), but we were hatin on fish tacos.

Then one night we tried them. And boy were they good. In the 6 weeks since that night, I think we’ve had fish tacos at least 6 times. We both really enjoyed the fish taco. In fact a small place near our house just opened up that only sells fish tacos. And we’ve been making them at home. This was our first attempt. We used salmon and just threw in some toppings we had around the house. And they were awesome.

So I have a question readers, is there something that you thought you’d never like and then you tried it and loved it?

Fish TacosRub some fish with taco seasoning (recipe here) and cook it. We cooked our salmon on our griddle.

Serve fish with taco fixins. We used sprouts (unconventional, but we love sprouts), chopped tomato, and guacamole.

Enjoy!

7 Responses to “Chicken Parmesan Burgers”

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — August 17, 2010 at 11:58 am

This sounds awesome! The pictures are wonderful as well. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get good burger pictures. I love the pizza sauce on this! Thanks!

We Are Not Martha — August 17, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Yum! I love chicken parmesan and I love burgers, so why not, right? They look delicious!

Sues

Melissa — August 17, 2010 at 2:44 pm

I love how there are so many variations of burgers! Yours sound delcious!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — August 17, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I love chicken parmesan so this sound so great to me! Like you, I love living in the city but wish I could grill during the summer!

ellysaysopa.com — August 19, 2010 at 1:37 am

So glad you liked them! Love the caramelized onions on top. I just had a burger with bbq caramelized onions this week. 🙂

an adventure in wool — September 30, 2010 at 11:44 pm

i love this idea! was writing my grocery list and realized there is no parmesan in the recipe?

Jen — October 11, 2010 at 12:41 am

That’s a good point, there isn’t actually Parmesan in it… You could use parm instead of provolone cheese.