Fish Tacos

I have a confession about fish tacos. Hubby and I always snicker when we see them on a menu at a restaurant or hear someone order them. It’s just funny. Of course neither of us had ever tried fish tacos, so it was somewhat hypocritical (I always say “don’t hate it ’til you try it”), but we were hatin on fish tacos.

Then one night we tried them. And boy were they good. In the 6 weeks since that night, I think we’ve had fish tacos at least 6 times. We both really enjoyed the fish taco. In fact a small place near our house just opened up that only sells fish tacos. And we’ve been making them at home. This was our first attempt. We used salmon and just threw in some toppings we had around the house. And they were awesome.

So I have a question readers, is there something that you thought you’d never like and then you tried it and loved it?

Fish TacosRub some fish with taco seasoning (recipe here) and cook it. We cooked our salmon on our griddle.

Serve fish with taco fixins. We used sprouts (unconventional, but we love sprouts), chopped tomato, and guacamole.

Enjoy!

14 Responses to “Raspberry Chipotle Jam”

Samantha — January 22, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Raspberry and chipotle! what a combo. I love this idea. I could put chipotle in anything and be happy.

• beantownbaker — January 22nd, 2014 @ 9:37 pm

Chipotle is a flavor I’m learning to love as I use it more and more!

Ashley @ My Midwest Table — January 23, 2014 at 10:32 am

Holy yum! This jam reminds me of the sauce in one of my favorite appetizers from a little restaurant in Kansas. It was raspberry chipotle sauce combined with cream cheese and black beans, and it was served warm with tortilla chips. The best!

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

Is it So Long Saloon by chance?…

If so, check back on Tuesday…

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2014 @ 2:17 pm

BTW, I just saw in your bio that you went to Purdue – I did too! Aero engineering for me. Crazy about that shooting this week…

Ashley @ My Midwest Table — January 23, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Yes, So Long Saloon! We lived in Manhattan for a few years while my husband worked on his PhD. Can’t wait to see what you’ve cooked up on Tuesday!

Goodness, what a coincidence that you are a Purdue alumna too! Yes, so crazy and so sad.

Shannon — January 26, 2014 at 4:01 pm

this is definitely one i’ll need to make, great flavor combo 🙂

Nutmeg Nanny — February 4, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Oh gosh, this is such a fun flavor combination 🙂 I can’t wait to try this out!

Jac — September 10, 2014 at 10:57 am

I am super excited to try this recipe out. I love idea of the sweet of the fruit and the heat of the pepper. I will let you know how mine turns out.

*I just moved to Boston which is how I found your website. I’m sorta sad that you moved back to Ohio because I would love to meet you. 😀

• beantownbaker — September 12th, 2014 @ 10:40 pm

Hope it turns out well for you! We love this jam. It’s really good on a breakfast sandwich.

MezzoBetsy — September 19, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Oh, yum! I’m a great fan of using jams, marmalades and chutneys with meat in the crockpot or as a glaze on roasts. This would be perfect on a pork tenderloin.

Joy — January 9, 2015 at 7:41 pm

how do you make it without the jam maker? I have a breadmaking machine that can make jelly, would it work about the same?

Lucinds — July 7, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Are there any water bath instructions?

AGEN SGP RESMI — November 30, 2017 at 3:45 pm

Thats look so delicious.. nice sharing