Fish Tacos

I have a confession about fish tacos. Hubby and I always snicker when we see them on a menu at a restaurant or hear someone order them. It’s just funny. Of course neither of us had ever tried fish tacos, so it was somewhat hypocritical (I always say “don’t hate it ’til you try it”), but we were hatin on fish tacos.

Then one night we tried them. And boy were they good. In the 6 weeks since that night, I think we’ve had fish tacos at least 6 times. We both really enjoyed the fish taco. In fact a small place near our house just opened up that only sells fish tacos. And we’ve been making them at home. This was our first attempt. We used salmon and just threw in some toppings we had around the house. And they were awesome.

So I have a question readers, is there something that you thought you’d never like and then you tried it and loved it?

Fish TacosRub some fish with taco seasoning (recipe here) and cook it. We cooked our salmon on our griddle.

Serve fish with taco fixins. We used sprouts (unconventional, but we love sprouts), chopped tomato, and guacamole.

Enjoy!

7 Responses to “Steak Fajitas with Chimichurri and Drunken Peppers”

Keiara Wells — September 21, 2009 at 1:24 pm

This sounds DIVINE! Around my house Mondays are known as ‘Mexican Monday’ and I already have some yummy burritos planned for tonight but I know what I’ll be serving next Monday! Thanks for sharing 🙂 xox

laurasrecipecollection — September 21, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Those look delicious! We do fajitas a lot but we always do them EXACTLY the same. It’ll be nice to have a new and different recipe to try!

Julie — September 21, 2009 at 4:44 pm

Yum…I was thinking of making fajitas tonight anyway…and I think I’ve got leftover chimichurri. It’s all coming together now…thanks!

nutmegnanny — September 21, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Yum! I love my Food Network magazine too. I look forward to getting it and totally agree about the 2 month increments…it should be once a month. Now onto the recipe. It looks great:) I love fajitas but never have made them at home. I will have to give it a try.

Joelen — September 22, 2009 at 2:57 am

The contrast of colors looks fantastic! I love the idea of chimichurri with fajitas!

stephchows — September 22, 2009 at 2:15 pm

so beer is the secret! yum!! Sounds delicious 🙂

Colleen — September 23, 2009 at 3:52 pm

We love fajitas in my house and the chimichurri sauce looks great!