Strawberry Rhubarb Bars

My sisters and I like to bake when we get together. It’s just something fun we all enjoy. My older-younger sister had recently tried some strawberry-rhubarb pie and really wanted to make something with those flavors. After searching the Internet, we came across this recipe and decided to try it. I’m so glad we did. These bars are perfectly sweet and tart and so easy to make.

One year ago – Blueberry Lemon Basil Cupcakes

Don’t forget to enter in my 2nd blogiversary giveaway by midnight on August 13th!

Print Save

1/4 tsp salt

Strawberry-Rhubarb Filling
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup flour
2 Tbsp milk
4 eggs
4 cups sliced strawberries (2 pints)
4 cups sliced rhubarb (8 stalks)

Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and vanilla with spoon. Stir in 2 cups flour, the oats, nuts, baking soda and salt until crumbly (we needed to add more oats and flour, probably another cup of each. We also used our hands to mix this). Reserve 2 cups crumbly mixture. Press remaining crumbly mixture in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan.

In large bowl, mix granulated sugar, 2/3 cup flour, the milk and eggs with spoon until smooth. Fold in strawberries and rhubarb. Spoon filling onto crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbly mixture.

Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is set. Cool slightly, about 30 minutes. For serving pieces, cut into 5 rows by 4 rows. Serve with whipped cream. Store covered in refrigerator.

Recipe from Betty Crocker

– – makes 20 bars

11 Responses to “White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse”

theblogisthenewblack — October 27, 2010 at 11:44 am

Love any type of mousse- esp if it’s pink!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — October 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Love the pink! So cute and it looks and sounds delicous! Thanks!

Boston Food Diary — October 27, 2010 at 2:10 pm

This looks so wonderful! I never would have thought of cranberries and white chocolate together- you are so right-what a great option for Thanksgiving!

Cupcake Activist — October 27, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Great idea! I am always in charge of dessert for Thanksgiving and this would be perfect to add to the line-up.

Megan — October 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I know you said lighter dessert idea, but I’m picturing a cranberry mousse tart with dark chocolate drizzled on top!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — October 27, 2010 at 8:31 pm

This looks delicious! Also, can I ask…what kind of backdrop do you shoot your photos on? It is so clean and really highlights the food at hand!

Jen — October 27, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Rachel – For the majority of my photographs, I use 12″x12″ scrapbooking pages. I have a bg folder with all my pages in them. I have been using a lot of solid colors recently. I have to admit I love how the blue background really makes the pink mousse pop in these pics!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 27, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Lovin’ the cranberryness here!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 28, 2010 at 3:17 am

Love the pinkness and love the recipe!

oneordinaryday — October 31, 2010 at 11:51 am

This sounds delicious, and I love how that beautiful pink color just pops. Definitely going on my menu!!

Eliana — November 1, 2010 at 3:45 pm

This mousse looks divine! I could not be trusted around it.