Crockpot Chicken Tacos

Hubby got a new job (congrats Hubby!) and has been working a lot more to wrap up his old job and get the ball rolling with his new one. Because of that, I’ve been using the crockpot a lot more than usual. I’ve had this recipe saved for a while. Boy do we wish we had tried it before. The chicken is perfectly spiced and shreds apart so easily.

I served this chicken with some whole wheat tortillas, red onion, red bell peppers, and avocados.

Don’t forget to enter in my 2nd blogiversary giveaway by midnight on August 13th!

Print Save

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

2 1/2 Tbsp of homemade taco seasoning mix
15 oz low sodiumchicken broth
1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes and liquid
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Your favorite taco fixins

In a large bowl or measuring cup pour the chicken broth in, and use a fork to whisk in the taco seasoning mixture.

Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.

Open the diced tomato can and pour all contents over the bottom of the slow cooker.

Lay the chicken breasts on top of the tomatoes and pour the broth/seasoning over that.

Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours- chicken should fork apart easily.

Use a slotted spoon to remove the cooked chicken to a large bowl and use 2 forks to shred it up.

Use the slotted spoon to get all the diced tomatoes out of the slow cooker and add to the shredded chicken. Then grab a large cereal spoon and add about 4-6 spoon fulls of the liquid from the slow cooker to the shredded chicken bowl and stir it all up!

Recipe from Sweet Life Kitchen

9 Responses to “Tomatoes stuffed with Salmon Dill Dip (Barefoot Bloggers)”

webbie — July 24, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Welcome to the BBs. I did cucumber towers with mine the first time I made this, then stuffed cherry tomatoes and new potatoes for a work event today.

Your pics are great. Wish I’d thought of the salt.:-)

Sophie — July 24, 2008 at 6:08 pm

Hi Jen,

I just discovered your blog :). I’m Sophie from Flour Arrangements. In just about a week I’ll be moving to Boston (actually Cambridge) from Austin, and I’m hoping to start a cooking group when I get there. I actually TRY to cook dairy free too (although sometimes I need a little dairy in there, ya know?); so it’d be cool to have a fellow ‘somewhat non-dairy’ foodie in the group! Drop me a comment on my blog, or even an email, if you’re interested. It’s nice meeting you!

Oh, and feel free to tell any of your friends about it :).

Flour Arrangements

Ivy — July 24, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Wow, these look really good and refreshing! NIICE!

Joelen — July 24, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Your idea of stuffing them into tomatoes is great! And great tip on using salt!

Esi — July 24, 2008 at 9:19 pm

I love how you presented the dip. Nice work!

Inna's Culinary Inventions — July 25, 2008 at 2:52 am

What a wonderful idea to stuff tomatoes! These look great!

giz — July 25, 2008 at 8:19 pm

These would be fun to make. I’ll bet the hardest part was scooping out the tomatoes. They make for a delicious and colourful appetizer.

Megan — July 28, 2008 at 3:31 pm

excellent use of a dip! Love the salt idea.

Janna — July 31, 2008 at 5:10 pm

THIS LOOKS MARVELOUS! I need to start back again with BB now that we are settled in the new digs.