It’s a Pizza Pie!

When I saw Bake at 350‘s announcement for the Flavor of the Month blogging event, I knew I wanted to participate. It has been a while since I participated in a blogging event.

I’m not much of a pie person myself, so I was trying to think of other non-pie foods that have the word pie in them. I decided on a whim that I’d make a pizza for the event. Now I’ve never called a pizza a pie myself, but I know it’s been done. So I’m counting it (hope that’s ok with Bridget of Baker at 350).

I even cheated on the dough. I have to admit, while I’ve been tackling my fear of yeast over the past year or so, homemade pizza dough just hasn’t happened at our house yet. I used store bought dough *gasp* and decided to make my pizza into a breakfast pizza. Eggs seem to be the latest trend in condiments lately. I’ve seen them pop up as a topping on burgers, sandwiches and pretty much anything else. So I thought I’d give it a shot and make a breakfast pizza.

I just used what I had in the house to make my pizza. I went with goat cheese, fresh tomato, bacon, and egg. Then I sprinkled some freshly ground pepper, Kosher salt, and Parsley on top when it came out of the oven.

Can I just say I don’t know why I didn’t try this before. This is seriously AMAZING. I wanted to eat the whole pizza in one sitting. I baked mine a little long so the eggs would completely set up. I don’t like runny eggs. I know when I make this again (most likely this weekend), Hubby will want it with runny eggs. So we’ll see how that turns out. Whether you like runny eggs or not, you have to make this as soon as possible.

Breakfast pizza – from ME! – serves 4
pizza dough – I used an 8″ Mini Boboli Crust
1 fresh tomato, seeded and diced
3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
2 Tbsp goat cheese
3 eggs
parsley
salt and pepper

Heat oven to 450 (this is what the pizza dough instructions said). Mix the diced tomato and goat cheese in a bowl to combine. Spread onto pizza dough, leaving holes for where your eggs will go. Sprinkle bacon over entire pizza. Bake in oven for about 5 minutes or until dough is mostly cooked.

Crack eggs over pizza. I used one of my new round cookie cutters (thanks Dad!) to crack the egg into. The egg white still spread all over, but I think it helped keep the yolk where I wanted it. Cook for another 5-10 minutes depending on how done you want your eggs (I cooked mine 9 minutes more).

Take the pizza out before the eggs are completely set. They will still be jiggly when you take the pizza out. Make a foil tent over the pizza and let set for about 5-10 more minutes. The egg will continue to cook.

Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, Kosher salt, and fresh parsley. Enjoy!

Bookmark and Share

12 Responses to “Power of Pink Roundup”

Soli Deo Gloria — November 3, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Thank you for a lovely and informative round-up! With the number of entries, I think we have successfully raised awareness regarding breast cancer.

Ivy — November 3, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Thanks for the lovely round up and all the information given about breast cancer.

Priya — November 3, 2008 at 1:56 pm

Wonderful roundup..lovely entries, very informative about breast cancer..

Susan — November 3, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Thanks for the great roundup. What a great event…thanks for allowing me to participate. I hope we have helped to make other more aware!

Lubna Karim — November 3, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Awesome roundup. Iam very happy to be part of this event. Thanks a lot for the event and info on breast cancer and everything. Three cheers to your energy dear.

Nazarina A — November 3, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Thank you!
    This is such an informative and a beautiful array of culinary beauties! You have put so much effort into this for such an imperative cause!

Ricki — November 3, 2008 at 8:20 pm

Fabulous roundup–and so glad I could be part of it! Everything looks amazingly scrumptious and I can’t wait to try some of these recipes! (Maybe I missed something, but didn’t the event say make “anything” pink? Or did it have to be baked goods? I’m guessing there must be SOME other pink foods out there. . . ?!!). Well, more dessert for me!

Thanks for hosting this! 🙂

CB — November 3, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Awesome roundup! I love that it had such a diverse group of bloggers. Great personal touch with the facts and myths. Thanks for hosting! I hope you make it an annual event 🙂
    /Clara

John — November 4, 2008 at 10:27 am

The National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) program is dedicated to increasing awareness about the importance of the early detection of breast cancer through a nationwide campaign. A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast. Mammograms are the best method to detect breast cancer early when it is easier to treat and before it is big enough to feel or cause symptoms. Having regular mammograms can lower the risk of dying from breast cancer.
    ——————
    Bobwilliams
    social bookmarking

Susan from Food Blogga — November 4, 2008 at 12:59 pm

This was a terrific event, Jen. Thank you for hosting it.

Jen — November 4, 2008 at 1:01 pm

Thanks everyone. I hope you all had as much fun as I did. The entries are all great.

Julie — November 6, 2008 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for hosting this Jen! As everyone else said, lovely roundup. I’m so glad that I could participate, especially as one of my first blog events!