Chipster Topped Brownies

Now that the kitchen is up and running, I can finally make something off my top ten list.

Note: The kitchen is not 100% done, but the stove and sink are hooked up and that’s good enough for me!! And yes, I will post pictures of the kitchen soon, but I’m just too busy enjoying being able to use it at this point.

I’ve seen variations of this recipe float around the Internet for a while now. You really can’t go wrong with a brownie topped with a cookie bar. I much prefer to call them “Brookies” – it’s much easier to say than “Chipster Topped Brownies”!

When the TWD group made these, for some reason, Engineer Baker’s version just caught my eye. Maybe it was the pecans. I decided to take her advice on the ratio of brownie to cookie by making 1/4 of the brownie batter and 1/2 of the cookie batter. I also included walnuts in the brownie batter. I baked them in a 8×8 pan for 40 minutes. For the complete recipe, check out Beth’s blog (she chose this recipe for the TWD group).

Bookmark and Share

8 Responses to “Vegan chocolate / banana / caramel cupcakes”

Joelen — February 12, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Oh my! These look fabulous!!!

Elizabeth — February 12, 2009 at 11:40 pm

I love vegan chocolate cupcakes – and these look delicious. I can’t wait to try them!

Koo-Bean Cuisine — February 20, 2009 at 12:17 am

These just made me so excited!!! They sound amazing and better yet…VEGAN! Thank you for posting this!

Jodi — February 21, 2009 at 12:08 am

I saw these on Tastespotting and want to try, but — for the mousse what type of chocolate chips are you using? All of the ones I’ve seen in the store have milk fat in them. I’m new to vegan cooking, so maybe this is still non-dairy? My son is allergic which is why I’ve been trying many new vegan recipes!

foodess — February 21, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Wow, those look over-the-moon good!

Amy Kingman — August 27, 2009 at 7:17 pm

I’m totally making these tonight! I dont have the fancy caramel sauce, but hopefully they’ll still be edible with regular caramel. 🙂 Yum!

Lexi — September 4, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Jodi- Gihrardelli semisweet chocolate chips do not have any milkfat in them.

These look fantastic-I am allergic to dairy, and have been finding it sooo hard to sate my sweet tooth and not pay for it later.

Me — August 16, 2010 at 12:46 am

They look fab! Thanks for sharing. I have included your site in our Vegan cupcake feature at http://www.partycupcakeideas.com