Chipster Topped Brownies

Now that the kitchen is up and running, I can finally make something off my top ten list.

Note: The kitchen is not 100% done, but the stove and sink are hooked up and that’s good enough for me!! And yes, I will post pictures of the kitchen soon, but I’m just too busy enjoying being able to use it at this point.

I’ve seen variations of this recipe float around the Internet for a while now. You really can’t go wrong with a brownie topped with a cookie bar. I much prefer to call them “Brookies” – it’s much easier to say than “Chipster Topped Brownies”!

When the TWD group made these, for some reason, Engineer Baker’s version just caught my eye. Maybe it was the pecans. I decided to take her advice on the ratio of brownie to cookie by making 1/4 of the brownie batter and 1/2 of the cookie batter. I also included walnuts in the brownie batter. I baked them in a 8×8 pan for 40 minutes. For the complete recipe, check out Beth’s blog (she chose this recipe for the TWD group).

Bookmark and Share

12 Responses to “Chewy Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 3, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I love, love, love how serious your distinction is between chewy puffy vs. chewy thin vs. crispy thin cookies. It makes me smile.

Jen — January 3, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Like I said, I’m weird about cookies 🙂

Cupcake Activist — January 3, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I love molasses and chocolate chip cookies. Great idea to put them together. I like chewy thin cookies.

Blog is the New Black — January 3, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I don’t like flat cookies, either! i like fat, soft ones! (TWSS)

Daisy — January 3, 2011 at 6:37 pm

If f anyone is entitled to be weird abotu cookies it is you. these look yummy, I’m all about flat and chewy!

Megan — January 3, 2011 at 7:36 pm

One of my co-workers makes a ginger chocolate chip cookie that I was surprised to find I liked. These seem like they’d be similar.

Shannon — January 4, 2011 at 12:13 am

sometimes responses from friends and family is all you need! there’s always the next batch for you to love 🙂

innochkaskitchen — January 4, 2011 at 2:39 am

Hmmm so I love chocolate chip cookies…and my husband LOVES molasses cookies…I wonder if this is our perfect compromise…
    Great recipe!

cookingwhims — January 4, 2011 at 2:28 pm

These look and sound amazing–I’ll have to try these 🙂

ann — January 4, 2011 at 4:11 pm

These look great. It’s hard to find a good Molasses Cookie.

Jo — January 15, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I love these cookies because I am the worst person at remembering to take butter out to soften and with these I don’t have to worry about that. I made my first batch with milk chocolate chips and my second with butterscotch chips (since my FIL can’t have chocolate) and they were both wonderful. The 8 year old finds them too tangy – so more for me 🙂

Julsey — January 27, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Best. Cookies. Ever. Making them for a 2nd time today and mailing half to my friend in Colorado who desperately needs a pick me up 🙂