Banana (Nut) Bread Mini Muffins

We had some ripe bananas so I decided to make some banana bread mini muffins. I had this recipe scribbled in my recipe notebook so I have no idea where it came from (if you know, please let me know). I made a 2/3 batch since I only had 2 bananas and I ended up with 24 mini muffins and 2 regular sized muffins. So I think if you made the full recipe, you’d get 48 mini muffins. I love how these turned out. The cardamom and nutmeg really added to flavor and the nuts add great texture.

Banana Bread Mini Muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 very ripe bananas, mashed well (1 1/2 cups)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup plain yogurt – I used fat free Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups walnuts, toasted and chopped coarse – I used pecans and walnuts
freshly ground nutmeg – because nutmeg makes everything better
1/8 tsp cardamom – because I grabbed some last time I was at Penzey’s and I’ve been dying to use it in something

Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously coat a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with vegetable oil spray.

Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk the mashed bananas, melte butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla together in a separate bowl. Gently fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in the nuts (if using). Do not over mix; the batter will look think and chunky.

Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top (I used my cookie scoop to fill the mini-muffin pan). Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, about 55 minutes (my mini muffins took 17 minutes).

Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes before unmolding onto a wire rack to cool for 1 hour.

Bookmark and Share

9 Responses to “Banana Cinnamon Chip Blondies”

Tasha Lehman — November 9, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Oooohhh, I just found a treat to make today! Thanks!!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 9, 2010 at 1:30 pm

This looks SO easy that I could even make them! I love the flavor combo of banana and cinnamon so I think I would love these!

Melissa — November 9, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I love new recipes to use up my squishy bananas! Thanks!

We Are Not Martha — November 9, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Perfect idea!! I love the combination of banana and cinnamon and I’m already up for a blondie! Delicious 😉

Sues

Sherry G — November 9, 2010 at 9:14 pm

I have been dying to try cinnamon chips and I have searched high and low for them. I can’t find them anywhere in Western PA!! It’s such a tragedy=( However, these look so tasty!

Anonymous — November 9, 2010 at 10:43 pm

I used cinnamon chips as well as white chocolate chips in your pumpkin bars…they came out delish..i’ll have to try these as well!

theblogisthenewblack — November 9, 2010 at 11:43 pm

I love banana and cinammon, so I imagine I would love this.

Ada N. Ortiz — November 10, 2010 at 5:10 am

These look awesome! Will have to try them 🙂

Samantha — November 17, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Ooooh I’ve been looking for a recipe that includes cinnamon chips, as I found them at the store for the first time the other day and had to pick them up. I love this because it involves banana as well! Thank you so much for the recipe!

– Sam