It’s an appliance party!

The changes in the kitchen have been less visible recently. Since the last update, the tiles were grouted and all of our appliances have come in! I worked from home the other day so I could be there for the deliveries. We cleared a space in the living room for the appliances since the kitchen isn’t ready for them yet.

We decided to get a small fridge since the space is so small. This LG model is one of the only ones sold that is 24″ by 24″. We went with all stainless steel and opted to not get a microwave. We just decided that the storage space was more important.

The contractors have patched up all the random plaster work including smoothing our the hideous popcorn ceiling that we were sporting.

Just disregard the nasty liquid nails residue on the subway tiling. It’s all going to be covered up again when the cabinets get installed. During one of our design ideas, we talked about exposing all the beautiful subway tiling. Thank goodness we didn’t go down that route. I don’t even think the liquid nails can come off those tiles…

And here’s a picture of the tile floor with the grout. I know some people were asking about what it looked like up close…

12 Responses to “Kitchen Update – Sink and Faucet”

stephchows — September 11, 2009 at 2:06 pm

So exciting!!! We are in the middle of a kitchen redo too! Our faucet just went in yesterday! Along with the new dishwasher(we didn’t have one before) is now hooked up!! That may be my favorite new part 🙂 no more washing dishes by hand!!

Megan — September 11, 2009 at 2:58 pm

We’ve been looking around for backsplash. The area behind the sink, stove, and counters is just so bare… we can’t seem to make up our minds about which tiles we like… or if we prefer small bricks. It’s going to be a long process!

And p.s. my boyfriend is obsessed with the faucet you got. We don’t need a new one, but if we did, that’s the one we’d get!

Jen — September 11, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Steph – Oh I can’t imagine not having a dishwasher!

Megan – I love the look of the glass mosiac subway tiling for a backsplash. We had an interesting obstacle in that we have REAL subway tiling on the wall to about 4 feet and the previous owners used liquid nails to attach a laminate backsplash. So we needed something that could be glued back on.

Jennifer — September 11, 2009 at 11:48 pm

Oh how exciting for the change! I love the redo!

Joe — September 12, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Wicked jealous, I love it. My wife and I talk about our kitchen re-do all the time, even though we don’t have a dime put away for it. But when we do, it will be so fun. The kitchen is by far my favorite room in the house.

Nancy — September 13, 2009 at 12:26 am

Jen: The sink and faucet look beautiful. What I can see of the blacksplash and spice rack, it looks fantastic too. I love, love, love the Vulga Blue granite in our kitchen and I think the glass tile backsplash, although very pricey, really gave the kitchen the splash of color and uniqueness we were looking for! Ok, I really love the chandeliers….they are a real conversation piece and also unique (not for everyone, especially if you are in to simple, clean lines).

Jen — September 13, 2009 at 1:26 am

Jennifer – Thanks!

Joe – The kitchen is our fav room too. A renovation is a fun/exciting/stressful time. Good luck if you ever get around to it.

Nancy – Thanks – I need to write up posts about the backsplash and spice rack/shelf. We just painted today so it’s all coming together!

bcallegra — September 15, 2009 at 12:22 am

It’s so funny – after reading your post on your kitchen and fancy new faucet, I saw the same faucet while at an open house and was showing off all its features to Andrew. Very cool!

Cupcake Activist — September 29, 2009 at 7:52 pm

I have that exact same faucets and I love it! I also have a deep stainless steel sink. So awesome!

judyn — November 7, 2009 at 4:12 pm

I see that your faucet is on the right. Are you right-handed? I have seen it both ways and need to make a decision. Thanks.

Jen — November 8, 2009 at 11:20 pm

Yes we are both right handed. I actually never thought about putting it on the left.

Harvey@all faucets world — May 31, 2016 at 6:18 am

Yes the green patina looks cool on roofs and awnings. Although we’ll only be at the apartment occasionally and I admit if we arrived after being gone for many months and found the sink had turned into green patina, I might freak out!