Happy Birthday to ME!

My birthday has arrived so it’s time to see how I did with the list I made six months ago. I definitely had some ups and downs as far as motivation towards these things…

As I mentioned before, we post-poned our Europe trip due to financial reasons. But we did book a replacement trip with the same people who were going to go to Europe with us. As for the working out and reading my D40 manual. Those things haven’t changed since my update in May… The craft project I was referring to will get done (soon hopefully). The kitchen renovation actually caused some delays in that project. As for reading, again, I tried, I just couldn’t do it. Some books I get completely sucked into, and others I just can’t keep interested in… So I’ll keep trying to read more, but it’s just not my thing.

But I really did enjoy sending cards and baked goods to friends and family. I hope to keep that up going forward. I am going to make a list of 28 things to do this year, but I haven’t had a chance to make it yet, so stay tuned.

1 Order Denver trip plane tix by 12/31
2 Order Europe trip plane tix – postponed trip
3 Start kitchen remodel
4 Make creme brulee
5 Work out 3x/wk for 6 wks (one / two / three / four / five / six)
6 Eat no french fries for a month (and I LOVE french fries)
7 Read my D40 manual, and start applying what I’m learning from it – started
8 Finish the major craft project I started 2 years ago
9 Go to a dr about my wrist
10 Send baked goods to family/friends (one / two / three)
11 Read 1 book/month (Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June) – started
12 Learn to ski
13 Plan/Host a girls night (in or out)
13.5 Send at least 5 birthday cards (one / two / three / four / five)

7 Responses to “Five Month Update – 30 by 30”

Megan — November 17, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Shoot! I need to send you that molten lava cake recipe. I’m going to try to remind myself when I get home tonight.

Daisy — November 17, 2010 at 5:41 pm

you’re on a roll! looking forward to see what event you will plan 🙂

Michelle — November 17, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I love these kinda of lists! Makes me want to do one myself. And I think you’re doing a great job… can’t wait to see what your blogger event is!

Sharon — November 18, 2010 at 8:40 am

Hey congratulations on going into the 6th month..And so far I think you have done great…

Vickii — November 18, 2010 at 11:20 am

I haven’t commented yet but I absolutely love your blog! I’ve downloaded about 10 recipes I intend to try! Well done on your 30 by 30! I also have a 101 things to do in 1001 days – my 1001 days is up in January 2011 and I’ve done only about 20 things …. hmm! So you should be proud of how much of your list you’ve done!!

Aimee — November 18, 2010 at 8:23 pm

oh, boy…
    i turned 29 in august and i wish i had thought to do something like this!

you are doing great so far – i love how across-the-board all of your goals are. good luck with the next 7 months!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 19, 2010 at 5:42 pm

I am still making my list and only have 12 items…I need to get working on my list for 18 more items to kick it off on my 29th birthday!