Corn Tomato and Avocado Salad

I needed to make something for our monthly cooking club that could be made without a kitchen. I decided to do some sort of a side and when I saw this recipe I knew we’d all love it. It’s actually very similar to the summer salsa that I make on a regular basis.

I added cilantro to the dish because everyone loves cilantro, right? I know that people tend to either love it or hate it, and I’m definitely a cilantro lover.

This salad makes a great side dish for any summer cookout. And it’s so easy to throw together. I mixed everything together except the avocado a day in advance. Then right before serving, the avocado is added.

Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad – from Cooking This and That – makes 4 servings
10 ounces frozen corn, thawed completely
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 avocado, diced
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper, to taste
cilantro to taste

Combine corn, tomatoes, scallions in large bowl. Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper (and cilantro) and pour over vegetables. Chill for 1-4 hours.

When ready to serve, add gently fold in avocado and allow salad to come to room temperature. Season again with salt and pepper if needed.

7 Responses to “Honey Mustard Pretzels”

Julie — October 29, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Good luck with the storm. Be safe, glad to read you turned around and went home thinking about the end of the day!
    I think if I was still in New York state I’d be baking up a storm to prepare for the Sandy Blizzard myself. Here in Alabama we can only hope for the best for you all on the shorelines up there!

Jen — October 30, 2012 at 2:36 am

Thanks. So far so good where I live. We haven’t list power yet, so that’s good!

Peggy — March 5, 2013 at 8:52 am

I’m the same way with snacks at home! Once I get some in my hand, it’s over! These would definitely disappear rather quickly in our house, too =)

• beantownbaker — March 6th, 2013 @ 8:38 pm

Glad to hear I’m not the only one like that!

Sharon — March 8, 2014 at 8:32 am

I have tried a couple different recipes for the beloved hone mustard pretzels but to no avail…they always remain kind of “sticky”, so I am eager to try yours but I think they too will be sticky….are they?Why can’t you find the honey mustard pretzels anymore except in small bags????

• beantownbaker — March 8th, 2014 @ 1:14 pm

I agree. They were a bit sticky the next day. But the first day, they weren’t. If they are when you take them out, just toss them and bake a little while longer.

Paula — July 7, 2015 at 8:21 am

The pretzels were very soft and nasty. I was hoping they were going to be like the Hanover Honey Mustard pretzels but are not at all. They don’t have a lot of flavor and the kids didn’t like that they were soft. I would not make them again.