Chocolate chip cookie bars

I’ve been in a big cookie bar mood lately. They’re just so much easier than making cookies. No need to portion dough, bake, wait, and repeat it all over and over. You just throw all the dough into a pan and 15 minutes later you’re all set. In fact, growing up I almost preferred chocolate chip cookie bars over cookies.

These bars have a good amount of chocolate chips in them, which is awesome.

Chocolate Chip Bars – from My Baking Adventures, originally from Cookie Madness
8 oz regular salted butter (2 sticks) – I used unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup of brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional) – I added the salt
2 (12 oz) packages of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped pecans (optional) – I omitted the pecans

Cream the butter and sugars, beat in the eggs and vanilla.. Combine the dry ingredients and blend in. Add chips and nuts. Spread in a greased 15x 10 inch baking pan. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

11 Responses to “Oatmeal Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 24, 2011 at 6:05 pm

These cookies look great! Hope you feel better soon Jen!

Megan — January 24, 2011 at 6:12 pm

These look awesome. I love chocolate and cinnamon together.

Feel better!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — January 24, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Love oatmeal cookies! Hope you’re feeling better 🙂

Bridget — January 24, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Aw, I didn’t realize you hadn’t gone to the swap! What a bummer. But then at least you didn’t have to share these cookies. 😉

Alicia — January 24, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Yum. I really love the combo of chocolate and cinnamon! Glad they came out well.

Feel better!!

Shannon — January 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm

hope you were able to get some rest and are feeling better! we missed you, but hopefully we’ll have another chance to catch up soon. these look great, and i’ve got some cinnamon chips in my house too 😉

Elizabeth — January 24, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I’m not sure I’ve had chocolate & cinnamon together before but I bet the combination is great! And if it’s in an oatmeal cookie, you can’t really go wrong.

Heather Lynne — January 25, 2011 at 12:33 am

I love cinnamon chips and put them in oatmeal cookies. I never thought of putting them in chocolate chip oatmeal cookies-they look amazing!

Blog is the New Black — January 25, 2011 at 1:22 am

Jenn, these sound awesome, and I have some cinnamon chips to use!

We Are Not Martha — January 25, 2011 at 1:24 am

These look wonderful! I’m sure being stuck in the house with a whole batch of them made you feel a little bit better, right? I love cookies with cinnamon chips in them!

Sues

Elizabeth — January 25, 2011 at 8:50 pm

These look so delicious. Getting sick on important (dessert related!) events is the absolute worst. I think another cookie swap is in your future.