Chocolate chip cookie bars

I’ve been in a big cookie bar mood lately. They’re just so much easier than making cookies. No need to portion dough, bake, wait, and repeat it all over and over. You just throw all the dough into a pan and 15 minutes later you’re all set. In fact, growing up I almost preferred chocolate chip cookie bars over cookies.

These bars have a good amount of chocolate chips in them, which is awesome.

Chocolate Chip Bars – from My Baking Adventures, originally from Cookie Madness
8 oz regular salted butter (2 sticks) – I used unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup of brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional) – I added the salt
2 (12 oz) packages of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped pecans (optional) – I omitted the pecans

Cream the butter and sugars, beat in the eggs and vanilla.. Combine the dry ingredients and blend in. Add chips and nuts. Spread in a greased 15x 10 inch baking pan. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

12 Responses to “S’mores Brownies”

Boston Food Diary — October 6, 2010 at 1:07 pm

whoa…I think I’m speechless! I have seen S’mores Brownies before, I have even tasted them- in well known restaurants- and these look 100% better and tastier! Well done- I might be knocking on your door for a taste!!!

vickdn — October 6, 2010 at 2:54 pm

here is another smores recipe I just saw… if you are looking for more smores recipes!

vickdn — October 6, 2010 at 2:55 pm

it would help if I gave you the link…. lol enjoy!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 6, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I just saw your photos and seriously almost drooled. You never cease to amaze me Jen!

Jen — October 6, 2010 at 6:04 pm

vickdn – I saw that smores biscotti this morning! Looks great.

Fun and Fearless – don’t get any drool on your monitor!

Eliana — October 6, 2010 at 6:13 pm

I’m not surpsied everyone at your work loved these. They look amazing!

newlywed — October 6, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Wow! These look like a great excuse to buy a kitchen torch!

Lindsay — October 6, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Yum! I love love love s’mores. I even make them in the winter using the gas stove, so this recipe is definitely going to make it on my list of ones to try 🙂

kitchenmisfit — October 10, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Looks amazing! Can’t wait to make them!

nutmegnanny — October 12, 2010 at 2:38 am

I love S’mores brownies! The combination of all the flavors, in a less messy bar form, make me smile 🙂

nutmegnanny — October 12, 2010 at 2:38 am

stacey — January 13, 2011 at 11:38 pm

I’m making them right now..It seemed that during cooking one row of my graham crackers started to rise to the surface of the brownies…and the center is still undercooked but the edges are cooked.. I hope they turn out ok…They look awesome